Last words in Matrix media
Following is a list of last words from various Matrix media.
Live action 
The Matrix (1999) 
- Oh no.
- Who: Mouse
- Notes: Character is gunned down by the police.
- Tank. Tank...? NOOO!!!
- Who: Dozer
- Notes: Believing that his brother Tank has been killed by Cypher, he charges Cypher, who kills him with a gun that shoots electricity.
- Who: Apoc
- Notes: Character is killed when Cypher unplugs his connection to The Matrix to prove that it can be "more real" than the real world. He dies just after Cypher says "But [in the Matrix]... you have to watch Apoc die", over the phone to Trinity, but it is unclear whether he knew what would happen to him.
- Not like this... not like this...
- Who: Switch
- Notes: Character is killed by Cypher, who unplugs her connection to the Matrix shortly after killing Dozer and Apoc.
- No! I don't believe it!
- Who: Cypher
- Notes: Character had betrayed the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar and was about to kill Neo by pulling his plug. He had asked Trinity whether she believed that Neo was the One, and when Trinity said yes, he says this line. Immediately afterwards, Tank, whom he had believed to be dead, gets up, says "Believe it or not, you piece of shit, you're still gonna burn!", then shoots him with the gun that he had dropped, electrocuting him.
- Uh, help. Need a little help.
- Who: Neo
- Notes: Neo says this to Tank, asking for directions to escape the agents chasing him. Just before he can reach an exit from the Matrix, however, he is shot and killed by Agent Smith. Neo revives shortly afterwards.
The Matrix Reloaded (2003) 
- It was meant to be. Morpheus... that door will take you home. You will know which door... Hurry, Neo.
- Who: The Keymaker
- Note: Character is dying of gunshot wounds sustained while closing a door (the one that he had been meant to unlock) to protect Morpheus and Neo from the Smiths' gunfire.
The Matrix Revolutions (2003) 
- Why would you want that?
- Who: Maggie
- Note: Said when Bane tells her he doesn't want to remember what he did, before he stabs her in the stomach.
- Damn it!
- Who: Charra
- Note: Said when the missiles she fires at the Digger are deflected, moments before she is killed by Sentinels.
- [Kid: Captain... I never finished the training program.] Neither did I.
- Who: Captain Mifune
- Note: Spoken after urging Kid to take control of his APU and cut the counterweights to open Zion's main gate for the Hammer. He dies of his injuries sustained from fighting a horde of Sentinels after saying this.
- You were right, Smith. You were always right. It was inevitable.
- Who: Neo
- Notes: Character fights Smith one last time, but realizes that he cannot defeat him. He says this just before allowing Smith to transform him into another Smith, presumably killing him (although some suggest that he is still alive). Smith often makes references to inevitability, usually with regards to Neo's death.
Multiple films 
Certain characters die and are resurrected or return in different forms in later films:
- Oh god.
- It's not over Mr. Anderson. It's not over.
- I'm sorry...
- But you brought me back. You gave me my wish. One more chance to say what I really wanted to say... Kiss me, once more. Kiss me.
- Who: Trinity
- Source: The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, respectively
- Note: Said to Neo, who has saved her from falling to her death, before she dies of a gunshot wound from an Agent. She is soon resurrected, however. Despite this, she is mortally wounded when the Logos crashes into the City of the Machines in The Matrix Revolutions, and dies after Neo kisses her.
- Goodbye Mr. Anderson.
- Oh, no, no, no. No, it's not fair...
- Who: Agent Smith/Smith Virus
- Source: The Matrix and The Matrix Revolutions, respectively
- Notes: Character says the first line before a resurrected Neo destroys him. Character returns, technically as a new being. Second line is said after he has just turned Neo into a Smith, finally defeating/killing him. This results in his subsequent destruction.
- Your flesh is a relic, a mere vessel. Hand over your flesh and a new world awaits you. We demand it.
- Who: Sentinel
- Source: The Animatrix, episode The Second Renaissance, Part 2
- Note: The Sentinel was the ambassador for the Machines and, after a long war, in which the Machines are victorious over the humans, makes the U.N. sign a treaty of surrender. The Sentinel then detonates, killing the last remaining world leaders and destroying New York City.
- I wanted to go back with you. I love you.
- Who: Duo
- Source: The Animatrix, episode Program
- Note: Duo is killed in a fight against Cis in a matrix program but Cis later finds out that it was just a test and no one was hurt.
- Neo, I believe
- Who: The Kid
- Source: The Animatrix, episode Kid's Story
- Note: A boy known only as the "Kid" makes contact with Neo, but is pursued by agents. He says this line before falling off of his school to his death. He later finds out (from Trinity) that he performed self-substantiation and wakes up to find himself in the real world.