Persona 4: The Animation
The anime series Persona 4: The Animation is based on the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 video game by Atlus. The anime is produced by AIC A.S.T.A. and directed by Seiji Kishi. P4:A revolves around the Protagonist of Persona 4, named Yu Narukami, a second year high school student from Tokyo who moves to Inaba to live for a year with his uncle and cousin. After acquiring a mysterious power called "Persona", he embarks on a journey with his new friends to uncover the truth behind a bizarre series of murders involving the distorted TV World, as well as a phenomenon called the "Midnight Channel".
The episodes started airing in Japan on MBS on October 7, 2011 and have a simulcast by Anime Network in North America. On November 23, 2011, Aniplex started release the series in DVD and Blu-ray volumes with the first one including a bonus CD sountrack. The adaptation has been licensed in North America by Sentai Filmworks for Blu-ray and DVD release in 2012.
The anime series features the same main voice cast from the original game. The main opening theme is "sky's the limit" by Shihoko Hirata, whilst the ending theme is "Beauty of Destiny" by Hirata featuring Lotus Juice.
Recurring Quotes 
- Welcome to the Velvet Room. (ようこそ我がベルベットルームへ Yōkoso waga Berubetto Rūmu e)
- spoken by Igor at the beginning of most episodes, starting with Episode 01
- spoken by Yu Narukami and other Persona-users, starting with Episode 01
- spoken by Teddie during mini-breaks in Episode 08
Season 1 
I'm youself, you're myself [1.01] 
- Yosuke Hanamura: S-Someone!
[Chie's scream is heard outside, grabbing Yu and Yosuke's attention. They run out of the room.]
- Yosuke: What is it?! What's wrong?!
[Standing in front of the trio is a bear with a costume-like appearance.]
- Yosuke: What...is that?
- Teddie: [angrily] R-Right back at you!
- Chie: It-It talked!
- Teddie: I'm a bear! I've lived here since bear-ever!
- Yosuke: Wh-What's with this thing? It's beyond me!
[The bear cowers from Yosuke's outburst.]
- Teddie: Don't talk so loud. [starts to waves his arms rapidly] Anyway, you guys need to get out of here!
- Yu: Persona!
The Contractor's key [1.02] 
We are friends, aren't we? [1.03] 
Somewhere not here [1.04] 
- Shadow Yukiko: I'm so sick of these damn chains!
- Teddie: Anyway, who threw you in here?
- Yukiko: Huh? Who're you? Rather...what are you?
- Teddie: I'm a bear!
- Yukiko: I'm sorry, but I don't understand.
- Yosuke: [to Teddie] You're very exsistance causes confusion, so shush up.
- Teddie: Hmph! Descrimination's un-bear-able!
Would you love me? [1.05] 
- Ai Ebihara: Seeing you up close pisses me off even more. I can't believe I lost to a hound like you!
- Chie: [confused] A hound? You lost?
- Ai: I'm going through hell because of you!
- Chie: I've got something to say, too: the way you treat Narukami-kun is terrible!
- Ai: [smirking] What? You've got the hots for him, too?
- Chie: [indignantly] He's my friend!
I'll beat you, and beat you good [1.06] 
- Yosuke: So, what? You can make obento?
- Yu: Yeah, just for fun.
- Yosuke: But man, that's really impressive. You've got [Chie] beat, hands down! [laughs]
- Chie: Wait a minute! What makes you think I can't cook?!
- Yukiko: Eh? You can?
- Yu: Seriously?
- Chie: ... Then I challenge you to a cook-off!
- Yosuke: [grinning] Sounds good. You're on.
[Kanji notices the Investigation Team.]
- Kanji: What're you looking at?!
- Yosuke: [to the others] Split!
[They run off.]
- Kanji: Tch... What's with them...?
- Kanji: You're dead! So friggin' dead!
Suspicious Tropical Paradise [1.07] 
- Teddie: ...Hey, why isn't anyone opening the door?
- Yu/Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko: !?
We've lost something important again [1.08] 
- Yosuke: We've lost something important again...
- Kanji: WHAT THE HELL?!
- Yu: Let's leave him be.
No one sees the real me [1.09] 
- Yu: [holding out Rise's cell phone] You dropped this.
[Getting over the shock, Rise snatches it back.]
- Rise: Y-You could've told me sooner!
- Yu: S-Sorry...
Real Me Doesn't Exist [1.10] 
- Shadow Rise: Goodbye...forever.