- There are many different translations of the Bible, and it is generally advisable that versions used be noted in citations, as well as chapter and verse.
 Psalm 1
- Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
- Happy is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stood in the way of sinners, nor sat in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD;
and in His law doth he meditate day and night.
And he will certainly become like a tree planted by streams of water,
That gives its own fruit in its season
And the foliage of which does not wither,
And everything he does will succeed. The wicked are not like that,
But are like the chaff that the wind drives away.
That is why the wicked ones will not stand up in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the assembly of righteous ones. For Jehovah is taking knowledge of the way of righteous ones,
But the very way of wicked ones will perish.
 Psalm 3
1 LORD, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
2 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
3 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
 Psalm 4
- I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep;
for thou only, LORD, makest me dwell in safety.
 Psalm 5
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
their inward part is very wickedness;
their throat is an open sepulcher;
they flatter with their tongue.
Destroy thou them, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions;
for they have rebelled against thee.
- 5:9 - 10
 Psalm 7
- O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there is iniquity in my hands;
If I have rewarded evil to him that was at peace with me;
(yes, I have delivered him that without cause is my enemy:)
Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it;
yes, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay my honor in the dust.
- The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to my integrity that is in me.
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
He made a pit, and digged it, and hath fallen into the ditch which he made.
7:14 - 15
 Psalm 8
- O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5: For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
- Psalm 8:1 - 8
 Psalm 9
- When my enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou sattest on the throne judging right.
Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities;
their memorial hath perished with them.
- 9:3 - 6
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer from them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death...
 Psalm 10
- The wicked, in the haughtiness of his countenance, does not seek Him. All his thoughts are, "There is no God."
 Psalm 13
- How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
- 13:1 - 6 (KJV)
- Long enough, God — you've ignored me long enough. I've looked at the back of your head long enough. Long enough I've carried this ton of trouble, lived with a stomach full of pain. Long enough my arrogant enemies have looked down their noses at me. Take a good look at me, God, my God; I want to look life in the eye...I've thrown myself headlong into Your arms — I'm celebrating Your rescue. I'm singing at the top of my lungs, I'm so full of answered prayers.
- 13:1 - 6
- How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
And my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken.
- 13:2 - 4
 Psalm 14
- They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good, not even one.
Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge?
who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
- 14:3 - 4
 Psalm 16
- Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
- 16: 1 - 3 (KJV)
- The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied;
I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood, Nor will I take their names upon my lips.
- 16: 4
- The wise counsel God gives me when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
- 16:7 - 8
- The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- Psalms 16:6-11 (KJV)
- Variant translations:
- You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
- New Living Translation (2007)
- You hath made known to me the path of life: You will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
 Psalm 17
- Listen while I build my case, God, the most honest prayer you'll ever hear. Show the world I'm innocent — in Your heart You know I am. Go ahead, examine me from inside out, surprise me in the middle of the night — You'll find I'm just what I say I am. My words don't run loose. I'm not trying to get my way in the world's way. I'm trying to get Your way, Your Word's way. I'm staying on Your trail; I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I'm not giving up. I call to You, God, because I'm sure of an answer. So — answer! Bend Your ear! Listen sharp! Point grace-graffiti on the fences; take in Your frightened children who are running...straight to You.
- 17:1 - 7
 Psalm 18
- The LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness;
According to the cleanness of my hands He has recompensed me.
- I have pursued my enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.
I shattered them, so that they were not able to rise;
They fell under my feet.
For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.
Thou hast also given me the necks of my enemies;
that I might destroy them that hate me.
They cried, but there was none to save them: even to the LORD, but he answered them not.
Then I beat them small as the dust before the wind: I cast them out as the dirt in the streets.
- 18:37 - 42
 Psalm 19
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.
 Psalm 22
- He has never let you down, never looked the other way when you were kicked around. He has never wandered off to do His own thing; He has been right there, listening.
 Psalm 23
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
- 23:1 - 6 (KJV)
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
 Psalm 24
- Who shall ascend upon the hill of the LORD? and who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart;
who hath not lifted up his soul to vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
- 24:3 - 4
 Psalm 25
- Show me how You work, God; school me in Your ways. Take me by the hand; lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren't You?...Mark me with Your sign of love. Plan only the best for me, God! God is fair and just; He corrects the misdirected, sends them in the right direction. He gives the rejects His hand, and leads them step-by-step. From now on every road you travel will take You to God. Follow the Covenant signs; read the charted directions...If I keep my eyes on God, I won't trip over my own feet...Keep watch over me and keep me out of trouble; don't let me down when I run to You. Use all your skill to put me together; I wait to see Your finished product.
 Psalm 27
- Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.
 Psalm 28
- Do not drag me away with the wicked And with those who work iniquity, Who speak peace with their neighbors, While evil is in their hearts.
Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavors: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.
- 28:3 - 4
 Psalm 29
- Give unto the LORD, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
The voice of the LORD is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the LORD is upon many waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
The voice of the LORD breaketh the cedars; yea, the LORD breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King for ever.
The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.
 Psalm 31
- I hate those who regard vain idols, But I trust in the LORD.
 Psalm 37
- And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
- 37:10 - 11 (New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures)
 Psalm 38
- All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you... Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.
- 38:9 … 22
 Psalm 46
- God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof.
- 46:1 - 3
- There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
- 46:4 - 7
- Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
- 46:8 - 10
 Psalm 53
- The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.
God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.
Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.
- 53:1 - 4 (KJV)
- The fool says in his heart "There is no God".
- 53:1 (Version needed)
 Psalm 83
- That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.
 Psalm 96
- O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day.
Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people.
For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens.
Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.
O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
Say among the heathen that the LORD reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.
Let the field be joyful, and all that is therein: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice
Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.
 Psalm 130
- Out of the deep have I called unto thee, O Lord: Lord, hear my voice.
 Psalm 137
א על נהרות, בבל--שם ישבנו, גם-בכינו: בזכרנו, את-ציון.
ב על-ערבים בתוכה-- תלינו, כנרותינו.
ג כי שם שאלונו שובינו, דברי-שיר-- ותוללינו שמחה:
שירו לנו, משיר ציון.
ד איך--נשיר את-שיר-יהוה: על, אדמת נכר.
ה אם-אשכחך ירושלם-- תשכח ימיני.
ו תדבק-לשוני, לחכי-- אם-לא אזכרכי:
אם-לא אעלה, את-ירושלם-- על, ראש שמחתי.
- By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land?
If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
- 137: 1- 6
- By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down.
Yes, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
On the willows in its midst,
we hung up our harps.
For there, those who led us captive asked us for songs.
Those who tormented us demanded songs of joy:
“Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
How can we sing Yahweh’s song in a foreign land?
If I forget you, Jerusalem,
let my right hand forget its skill.
Let my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I don’t remember you;
if I don’t prefer Jerusalem above my chief joy.
- 137: 1- 6 American Standard Version
 Psalm 144
- Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him!
Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;
Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
- 144: 1 - 9
 See also
|Genesis • Exodus • Leviticus • Numbers • Deuteronomy • Joshua • Judges • Ruth • 1 Samuel • 2 Samuel • 1 Kings • 2 Kings • 1 Chronicles • 2 Chronicles • Ezra • Nehemiah • Esther • Job • Psalms • Proverbs • Ecclesiastes • Song of Solomon • Isaiah • Jeremiah • Lamentations • Ezekiel • Daniel • Hosea • Joel • Amos • Obadiah • Jonah • Micah • Nahum • Habakkuk • Zephaniah • Haggai • Zechariah • Malachi|
|Esdras • Tobit • Judith • Additions to Esther • Wisdom of Solomon • Susanna • Baruch • Additions to Daniel • Prayer of Manassheh • 1 Maccabees • 2 Maccabees|
|Matthew • Mark • Luke • John • Acts • Romans • 1 Corinthians • 2 Corinthians • Galatians • Ephesians • Philippians • Colossians • 1 Thessalonians • 2 Thessalonians • 1 Timothy • 2 Timothy • Titus • Philemon • Hebrews • James • 1 Peter • 2 Peter • 1 John • 2 John • 3 John • Jude • Revelation|