(Redirected from Safer)
Safety is the absence of physical and psychological danger.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Now, it is true that the nature of society is to create, among its citizens, an illusion of safety; but it is also absolutely true that the safety is always necessarily an illusion. Artists are here to disturb the peace.
- James Baldwin "An interview with James Baldwin" (1961)
- When you have overcome one temptation, you must be ready to enter the lists with another. As distrust, in some sense, is the mother of safety, so security is the gate of danger. A man had need to fear this most of all, that he fears not at all.
- Thomas Brooks, p. 532. cited in Josiah Hotchkiss Gilbert, Dictionary of Burning Words of Brilliant Writers (1895).
- Choosing safety is a choice of life over career.
- Warren Farrell (2005) Why Men Earn More. p. 35
- In love the only safety is in flight
- Napoleon I of France Napoleon : In His Own Words (1916)
- There must be ever present in our minds the fundamental truth that in a republic such as ours the only safety is to stand neither for nor against any man because he is rich or because he is poor, because he is engaged in one occupation or another, because he works with his brains or because he works with his hands.
- Theodore Roosevelt (1903) A Square Deal