|This article needs to conform to our limits on quotations policy.
The subject of this article is a television show, and as a result, there should only be: one quote for less than 30 minutes, two quotes for 30 minute shows, and five quotes for 60 minute shows (see our TV policy for shows of other lengths).
If you would like to add another quote to the page, you may first need to remove one that is already there in order to keep within the bounds of fair use of copyright material.
I want to start making quotes for each episode so that I can link to them from wikipedia, but I don't know the rules for wikiquote. Can you help me? What would really be great is if you could reply to by wikipedia page here. - Peregrinefisher 05:52, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
- That'd make the list extremely long, I'm afraid.
- Yeah, I REALLY don't agree with this. In fact, I think I'll remove it. The series is getting close to 300 episodes, you know. Sigmasonic X 02:45, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- But you are adding way too many pointless quotes. Why is Luffy shouting his attack names becoming a quote, for example?
How about we go by volume instead. Sure, that would still mean over 40 sections, but it's better than nearly 300. Sigmasonic X 03:41, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- We should follow Wikiquote:Templates/TV shows, which is what this page is trying to do. - Peregrinefisher 19:48, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
- One Piece was originally a manga, so we should go by volumes and take quotes directly from the manga. We can follow the episode format for quotes from filler episodes.Sigmasonic X 04:29, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
Whatever it is we do, I'm going to say the same thing I said in the Naruto discussion. I realize that like Wikipedia, Wikiquote is not censored, but One Piece is a shonen anime and manga, and for that reason, if there has to be "swearing" of any kind, whether it's English manga, "scanlations", or anime fansubs, the quotes need to be at least PG-level (though you should know, when it comes to swearing, I am indeed biased towards a certain direction...). For that reason, I removed any and all "s-snakes", and "a-words" (I don't consider the latter to be "PG-level"), along with a certain "b-word" (you know, the one refers to a baby born out of wedlock...). Brittany Ka 13:05, 26 February 2008 (UTC)