The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a 2005 film about four children who travel through a wardrobe to the land of Narnia and learn of their destiny to free it with the guidance of a lion messiah.
- Directed by Andrew Adamson. Written by Ann Peacock, Andrew Adamson, Christopher Markus, and Stephen McFeely, based on the novel by C.S. Lewis.
- Welome Peter, son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fourth?
- If the witc understood the true meaning of sacrifice, she might haveinterpreted the Deep Magic differently, for when a willing victim who has committed no treachery, dies in a traitor’s stead, the stone tble will crack and even death itself will turn backwards.
- Docite the Deep Magic to me, Witch! I was there he it was written
- To the glistening Eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, te valiant.To the geat Western wood , King Edmund The Just. To the radiant Southern sun, Queen Susan, the gentle, and to theclear Northern ky I give you King Peter, the magnificent. Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen, may your wisdom grace ustill the stars rain down frm the heavens.
- Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!
- [To Edmund] That's alright, some little children just don't know when to stop pretending.
- [to Mr. Beaver] I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!
- Peter, just because some man in a red coat gives you a sword it doesn't make you a hero!
- [mocking Lucy] Find any new countries in the cupboard lately?
- Always winter, never Christmas.
- Lucy: [holds out her hand] Pleased to meet you.
- [Mr. Tumnus looks at her hand curiously]
- Lucy: Oh, you shake it.
- Mr. Tumnus: Why?
- Lucy: I don't know. People do that when they meet each other.
- Edmund: Why can't we play hide-and-seek again?
- Peter: I thought you said it was a kids game.
- Susan: Besides, we could all use the fresh air.
- Edmund: It's not like there isn't air inside....
- Mr. Beaver: "When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits in Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done".
- Susan: You know, that doesn't really rhyme.
- Mr. Beaver: Yeah, I know it don't, but you're kind of missing the point!
- Susan: Do you think we'll need jam?
- Peter: Only if the Witch serves toast!
- Mrs. Beaver: You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?
- Mr. Beaver: Well, you never know if your next meal's going to be your last. Especially with your cooking.
- Aslan: That is Cair Paravel, Castle of the four thrones. In one of which you will sit, as High King. [Peter looks down] You doubt the prophecy?
- Peter: No, that's just it. Aslan, I'm not who you think I am.
- Aslan: Peter Pevensie, formerly of Finchley. Beaver also mentioned that you planned on turning him into a hat. [chuckles] Peter, there is a deep magic more powerful than any of us. It defines right from wrong. It over sees all our destinies. Yours, and mine.
- Peter: But I couldn't reach out over my own family.
- Aslan: You brought them safely this far.
- Peter: Not all of them.
- Aslan: Peter, I will do what I can to save your brother. But I need you to consider what I ask of you. I too want my family safe.
- [The children step outside, they hear rustles from the bushes. Mr. Beaver approaches]
- Lucy: It's a beaver.
- Peter: [holds out his hand, approaching to mr. beaver and clicking his tongue] Here, boy. come here.
- Mr. Beaver: [stares at it then sits upright] Well, I ain't gonna smell it if that's what you want!
- Georgie Henley - Lucy Pevensie
- Skandar Keynes - Edmund Pevensie
- Anna Popplewell - Susan Pevensie
- William Moseley - Peter Pevensie
- Tilda Swinton - White Witch
- James McAvoy - Mr. Tumnus, the Faun
- Liam Neeson - Aslan (voice)
- Ray Winstone - Mr. Beaver (voice)
- Dawn French - Mrs. Beaver (voice)
- Rupert Everett - Fox (voice)
- Cameron Rhodes - Gryphon (voice)
- Philip Steuer - Philip the Horse (voice)
- Jim May - Vardan (voice)
- Sim Evan-Jones - Wolf (voice)
- Jim Broadbent - Professor Kirke
- Kiran Shah - Ginarrbrik
- James Cosmo - Father Christmas
- Judy McIntosh - Mrs. Pevensie
- The Chronicles of Narnia, original books by C. S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (film)
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (film)