- "Our civilisation is still in a middle stage, no longer wholly guided by instinct, not yet wholly guided by reason" - Theodore Dreiser, American author.
- "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw.
- "Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell." - Edward Abbey
- "Hollywood has always been an irresistible, prefabricated metaphor for the crass, the materialistic, the shallow, and the craven." - Neal Gabler (this one needs adding somewhere.)
- "If humans are to survive we must learn to live on the interest and not the capital of nature." - (Marie via email)
- "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Salvor Hardin (an Asimov character)
- "Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them." - William E. Vaughan
- "Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing nearly everything, money is handy." - Groucho Marx
- "A hand on your cock is more moral - and more fun - than a finger on the trigger." - Lawrence Lipton
- "In most traditions of logic repeating a statement until the other party vomits does not adduce truth value." ·ʍaunus·snunɐw· 19:40, 4 July 2012 (UTC) 
New Zealand 
- "Pity the thought, is this the price we pay, the price for progress, beauty all swept away?" (or suchlike) - William Pember Reeves
|This is a Wikiquote user page.
If you find this page on any site other than Wikiquote, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated, and that the user this page belongs to may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikiquote itself. The original page is located at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/User:Alan_Liefting.