Walt Disney cartoon characters
This page is for quotes of cartoon characters that have been created by the The Walt Disney Company.
- "Hot Dogs! Hot Dogs!" - First spoken words, in The Karnival Kid, first released on May 23, 1929.
- "Once upon a time, in a cabin in the snow, two cousins who didn't trust each other were trying to steal the bag of money sitting on the floor in front of me. So neither one of them went to sleep because neither one of them could be trusted. The end!"
- "I gotta get me an agent..."
- (trying to go up a chimney) "I wonder if Santa ever had this much trouble."
- Mickey: Come on, Goofy, it's a beautiful day! Let's go out and shoot some golf!
Goofy: Golf? Are they in season?
Mickey: That's just an expression! You don't really shoot anything! You use clubs!
Goofy: And beat thuh little rascals to death? That's not fair!
Mickey: Never mind! I'll explain it when we get there!
Goofy: Where are we goin'?
Mickey: We'll go out to Seaside Golf Course! There won't be many people out there today!
Goofy: That's good! I'd hate tuh have anybody see me hittin' those poor little golfs!
- Mickey: Goofy, are you all right?
Goofy: I'm all right, but muh chewin' gum got all salty!
- "Who me? Oh, no! I've got a belly ache!" - first words, The Wise Little Hen (1934)
- Doggone it! I might as well be in a concentration camp! - Timber (1941)
- Maybe I'm just a duck, but I'm human! - Early to Bed (1941)
- Am I glad to be a citizen of the United States of America! Oooh! - Der Fuehrer's Face (1943)
- Four dollars is very little money when you got 'em; but a heck of a lot of money when you ain't got 'em. - "A Christmas for Shacktown" (1951)
- Mathematics? That's for eggheads! - Donald in Mathmagicland (1959)
Common catch phrases
- Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
- Aw, phooey!
- Hiya, toots!
- What's the big idea?
"World's richest duck"
- see also DuckTales
- "Here I sit in this big lonely dump, waiting for Christmas to pass! Bah! That silly season when everybody loves everybody else! A Curse on it! Me - I'm different! Everybody hates me, and I hate everybody!" - First line, in Christmas on Bear Mountain (1947)
- "That's the trouble with you young scallawags of today... You expect to start in at the top instead of working up from the bottom, like I did!"
- "I can't go on like this - losing a billion dollars a minute! I'll be broke in 600 years!"
- "I made [my money] on the seas, and in the mines, and in the cattle wars of the old frontier! I made it by being tougher than the toughies, and smarter than the smarties! And I made it square!"
- "No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while! And I like to dive around in my money like a porpoise! And burrow through it like a gopher! And toss it up and let it hit me on the head!" Only a poor old man by Carl Barks.
- HD&L: We missed you, Unca Scrooge!
Scrooge: Missed me?! What'd you throw at me?
- Scrooge: Excuse me, my good man, we need some transportation to--
Shop owner: No! All out! Go! Monsapi soon!
Scrooge: Monsapi? Must be some sort of local festival.
- Louie: UNCLE SCROOGE!! YOU'RE IN QUICKSAND!!
Scrooge: Oh, good, I thought I was getting weak. QUICKSAND?!
- Dewey: Are you all right?
Scrooge: Fortunately, I landed on my wallet.
- "Robbers! Thieves! Politicians!"
- "You'd make a great sailor, Flintheart - on a submarine!"
- Scrooge: Why don't I show you my study? You can tell a lot about a man by his study. Meticulous study, meticulous business, I always say. (opens door, but hears an explosion and sees safe dropping into study)
Bigtime (as Dewey): Uh-oh...
Scrooge: (slams door shut) Forget the study! You can never tell a thing about a man by his study, I always say.
- "You! There'll be no whistling while you work!" - A reference to the song "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- "Oh no, you don't! Not unless you've got eightteen quadrillion bucks! And FIFTY CENTS!"
- "This'll make a nice cover photo for Duckweek - Scrooge and his nephews... (Burger turns back to normal) ...playing Beagle Boys and Indians. BEAGLE BOYS??!"
- "I didn't get rich by being stupid."
- Scrooge: A deal this sweet should be against the law.
Police Officer: Scrooge McDuck, you're under arrest!
Scrooge: Good joke, officer. I guess it is against the law.
- "A sea monster ate my ice creeeeeeeam!!!"
- Fair official: Scrooge McDuck, you didn't pay for your rides on the ferris wheel, airplane, or water slide. You owe us two dollars and fifty-nine cents!
Scrooge: Just for three little rides? (sigh) I could've bought seven new hats for the price of this one! (double sigh!!)
- Scrooge: Donald! You can't be serious about this crazy idea; there's no profit in it!
Donald: But I've already enlisted, Uncle Scrooge! I wanna see the world!
Scrooge: So I'll buy you a globe!
- "A day without looking at me Money Bin is like a day without sunshine!"
- "You haven't seen the last of me, you purse snatchers from space!"
- "Well, you get an A in home wreckonomics."
- Bubba: Skooge home?
Scrooge: No, Bubba, no home. Och, I'm starting to talk like him. Launchpad, how soon can we get back in the air?
Launchpad: [The Millennium Shortcut is] in pretty deep, Mr. McDee. We're gonna need help.
Bubba: Bubba help.
Scrooge: You've helped enough already. Boys, you stay here.
Bubba: Bubba come?
Scrooge: No, Bubba stay. Launchpad come.
- Scrooge: Gyro was right; Bubba's already costing me money! I've got to get him away from here. I know - you can take care of him!
Louie: But we gotta go to school!
Scrooge: Fine! Take 'im to school. Take 'im to the zoo. Take 'im to the cleaners! But just take 'im away from me!
- "Hold still, Magica! I get extra points for evil sorceress in this game!"
- "Why, oh why couldn't that woman have a fetish for rutabagas, or something?"
- "Launchpad! Can't you even ride a camel without crashing it?"
- "D'oh! I knew that rat's prices were too good to be true!"
- Scrooge: I cannot work like this, Mrs. Featherby. I'm going home!
Mrs. Featherby: But what about your lunch?
Scrooge: Sell it!
- "Mrs. Beakley, is this a ploy to get some vacation time?"
- Nephews and Webby: Hellooooooo, Unca Scrooge.
Scrooge: Don't you "Hellooooooo" me!
- Scrooge: I told you, I'm not going to the ball!
Duckworth: But sir, I've already arranged for Launchpad to take you to the society's mountain lodge.
Scrooge: So cancel Launchpad! I'll not only save face, but my life as well.
- Duckworth: Oh dear, Launchpad isn't answering. He must be on his way. Won't you go, sir?
Scrooge: Aye, to work! Tell Launchpad he can take you to the ball.
- "Since when does a hat have a mind of its own?"
- "Heavenly heather! The genie in the magic lamp! The fortunes I could own! I could have the world's biggest diamond! No! The world's biggest diamond mine! No-no! All the diamond mines! No! The entire mining industry! Yes yes yes! I can see that this is going to take some careful thought."
- Genie: I don't hear anything; I think they're gone.
Scrooge: Where are we?
Genie: Well, it's not exactly the Ritz.
Scrooge: Not the lamp?
Genie: "Sorry about the smell. You get used to it after a coupla hundred years. Could you move your elbow, please?"
Scrooge: GET ME OUT OF HERE!!
Genie: (does so) Do you have to yell at me all the time?
Scrooge: Hmph. I wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for you. Thanks to you, I've got a crazy animal act on my tail.
- Scrooge: I've got to get you to my vault; it's the only safe place. Time to go back!
Genie: B-b-but you saw what a dump it is.
Scrooge: Sorry Genie, but the party's over.
- "Well, you can forget about this year's Christmas bonus!"
- "You let us go right now or I'm going to buy this place and tear it down to build hamburger stands."
- "Bless me bagpipes!"
- "Well, I’ll be tougher than the toughies, and sharper than the sharpies — and I’ll make my money square!"
- "You ain't never had a friend like me!"
- You know, I used to have a little cat once. And when it was left all alone, it'd cry... [with his face look like a real cat] MEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!