(Blooper) Bunny is a Merrie Melodies animated short film directed by Greg Ford and Terry Lennon, with music by George Daugherty, produced in 1991 by Warner Bros. Animation. Featuring the voice talents of Jeff Bergman and Gordon Hunt, the short is a parody of some of the specials produced for Bugs Bunny's 50th anniversary the previous year. The short never received its intended theatrical release and was shelved for several years. It was finally given a television premiere on June 13, 1997, after Cartoon Network discovered the film sitting unseen in the vaults. It is featured on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 1 as of 2003.
- Directed by Greg Ford and Terry Lennon. Produced by Greg Ford. Story by Ronnie Scheib, Greg Ford and Terry Lennon.
- Oh brother! 51st and a half anniversary. Who writes this slop? Ech! "Happy birthday, old chum, old pal, old buddy." They next thing you know, they'll stick me with three snot-nosed nephews! I wouldn't put it past them! It's just... ugh! Warner Brothers doesn't have an original bone in its...
- Get me out of this Gol-durned contraption! What do you think I am, some kinda dad-blasted hootchie-cootchie gal? Do I look like some half-clad female, to come a-shooting out of a cake? Why, it ain't decent.
- [Bugs, Daffy and Elmer do another take, until Elmer shoots a real gun; the music promptly stops.]
- Bugs Bunny: For shame, doc, using live ammunition on a movie set!
- Elmer Fudd: Well, I thought it would be a gweat, big birthday surpwise if after 51 ½ years of twying, I finally bwasted you. [does his trademark laugh]
- Daffy Duck: THIS IS INCONCIEVABLE!
- Bugs Bunny: Eh, cut.
- Daffy Duck: No, don't cut! Let the camera roll and record it for posterity, whilst I give this two-bitten nimrod a severe dressing-down! Sir, you have desecrated the spirit of show business make-believe, by using real bullets! [empties Elmer's gun]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh, cut.
- Daffy Duck: No, don't cut! Now, get rid of this stupid thing, take your little popgun and stick to the script!
- Bugs Bunny: Cut!
- Daffy Duck: NO, DON'T CUT! And another thing: expect a call from my attorneys about this unfortunate incident, and brother, when they call you, there's- [walks into a wooden plank and gets his beak stuck]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh, now can we cut?
- Daffy Duck: You smug son of a- [the camera cuts]
- [last lines; Bugs, Daffy, Elmer and Sam have gone through a take, seemingly without any mishaps]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh, pardon me, I don't mean to put a damper on this thing, but weren't there supposed to be five rockets?
- Yosemite Sam: There were five, and I lit 'em too!
- [The fifth rocket is revealed to be on Sam's back, and it sends him flying through the studio until he hits the camera.]
- Producer #1: Whoa!
- Producer #2: Hit the deck!
- Bugs Bunny: Sam! Sam! Speak to me!
- Yosemite Sam: Oooh! You carrot chompin', flop-eared, bob-tailed rabbit! I hope your innards turn to outards and your ears go visey-versey! I hates rabbits! It's just human nature to hates rabbits! Why you low down, flop-eared son of a kangaroo! You'll pay for this, you dog blasted, ornery, no account, long-eared varmint! Why, you consarn idjit rabbit!
- Bugs Bunny: Eh... [munches on a carrot] Maybe we can fix it in the editing.
- Producer #3: Can we go to lunch now?
- Jeff Bergman as Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam.
- Gordon Hunt as Man in Audience, Movers and Director.