Jump to navigation Jump to search
1915 is a 2015 film about a theatre director stages a play about the Armenian Genocide.
- Directed by Garin Hovannisian. Written by Alec Mouhibian.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- 100 Years After The Armenian Genocide You Can't Escape The Past
- How can the past, be it hidden or overt, have such power over us in the present, and what are the secret ways in which we deal with it? What happens when the truth is denied, and what happens when it is confronted? These are the mysteries at the heart of 1915. The story is set in 2015, on a day much like this one, exactly 100 years after the genocide. It is about a haunted man who stages a controversial play in a haunted theater – the historic Los Angeles Theatre in downtown, founded in part by Charlie Chaplin – to bring the ghosts of his past back to life, and to somehow change the course of history.
- Alec Mouhibian, A NEW FILM TAKES ON THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE (May 13, 2015).
- Simon Abkarian — Simon
- Angela Sarafyan — Angela
- Samuel Page — James
- Nikolai Kinski — Tony
- 1915 quotes at the Internet Movie Database