1969 is a 1988 film about two friends in a small conservative town at the onset of the Vietnam war.
- Written and directed by Ernest Thompson.
- OK, Ralph, you know, I don't have to help you, but let me tell you something. If you flunk out and die in Vietnam, that's the end of our friendship, fuck you, you know.
- [To a hitchhiker] Hop in! We're not homosexuals or anything.
- We have naked people giving us free food!
- Scott: I've already decided if nothing happens by the time I am 20, I'm gonna cut it off.
- Ralph: How ya going to pee there Scott?
- Scott: Sittin' down.
- Coach Heart: You boys aren't working at the pool this summer?
- Scott: No, we're going on the road. That's what hippies do ya' know.