1969 is a 1988 film about two friends living in a small town during the 1960s who run away to enjoy their freedom during the Vietnam War, thus disappointing the father of one of them. When they return to town, they realize the importance of family unity.
- Written and directed by Ernest Thompson.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- OK, Ralph, you know, I don't have to help you, but let me tell you something. If you flunk out and die in Vietnam, that's the end of our friendship, fuck you, you know.
- [To a hitchhiker] Hop in! We're not homosexuals or anything.
- We have naked people giving us free food!
- You can disagree. You can say that it's not right. That's what freedom is.
- Scott: I've already decided if nothing happens by the time I am 20, I'm gonna cut it off.
- Ralph: How ya going to pee there Scott?
- Scott: Sittin' down.
- Coach Heart: You boys aren't working at the pool this summer?
- Scott: No, we're going on the road. That's what hippies do ya' know.
- Robert Downey Jr. - Ralph Carr
- Kiefer Sutherland - Scott
- Bruce Dern - Cliff
- Mariette Hartley - Jessie
- Winona Ryder - Beth
- Joanna Cassidy - Ev
- Christopher Wynne - Alden
- Keller Kuhn - Marsha
- Steve Foster - Marshall
- Mert Hatfield - Coach Heart
- Welton Tootle - Junior Roberts
- Don Devendorf - Reverend Hardy
- Dr. Robert Louis Stevenson - Dean Bonner
- Jason Summers - Processor
- Scott N. Stevens - Hitchhiker