20th Century Women
Jump to navigation Jump to search
20th Century Women is a 2016 film about three women who explore love and freedom in Southern California during the late 1970s.
- Directed and written by Mike Mills.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Wondering if you're happy is a great shortcut to just being depressed.
- Men always feel that they have to fix things for women, but they're not doing anything. Some things just can't be fixed. Just be there, somehow that's hard for all of you.
- Whatever you think your life is going to be like, just know, it's not gonna be anything like that.
- Dorothea: What is that?
- Abbie: It's The Raincoats.
- Dorothea: Can't things just be pretty?
- Jamie: Pretty music is used to hide how unfair and corrupt society is.
- Dorothea: Ah, okay so... they're not very good, and they know that, right?
- Abbie: Yeah, it's like they've got this feeling, and they don't have any skill, and they don't want skill, because it's really interesting what happens when your passion is bigger than the tools you have to deal with it. It creates this energy that's raw. Isn't it great?
- Abbie: I gave him beer, and then I taught him how to verbally seduce women. Then we drove drunk, but I stopped that, and then he kissed Trish, and then we walked home.
- Dorothea: Ah.
- Abbie: You're not mad? You're mad.
- Dorothea: You get to see him out in the world, as a person. I never will.
- Abbie: [pulls a photo of Jamie from a stack of Polaroids] Just... there.
- Julie: Half the time I regret it.
- Jamie: Then why do you do it?
- Julie: Because half the time I don't regret it.
- Dorothea: [Treats bruises on Jamie's face] So what was the fight about?
- Jamie: Clitoral stimulation.
- Jamie: What's it like? For girls.
- Julie: What? Sex?
- Jamie: Orgasms.
- Julie: Do you really wanna know what it's like?
- Jamie: Yeah.
- Julie: I don't have them.
- Annette Bening - Dorothea Fields
- Greta Gerwig - Abigail "Abbie" Porter
- Elle Fanning - Julie Hamlin
- Lucas Jade Zumann - Jamie Fields
- Billy Crudup - William
- Alia Shawkat - Trish
- Darrell Britt-Gibson - Julian
- Thea Gill - Abbie's Mother
- Laura Wiggins - Lynette Winters
- Nathalie Love - Cindy
- Waleed Zuaiter - Charlie
- Alison Elliott - Julie's Mother
- Finn Roberts - Tim Drammer
- Kirk Bovill - Dorothea's Dinner Guest
- 20th Century Women quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website