30 Days of Night (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
30 Days of Night is a film about a town attacked by vampires. The main characters are Eben Oleson, Stella Oleson and Marlow. Eben Oleson is the town sheriff trying to save an ever-shrinking group of survivors from vampires, including his estranged wife, Stella, who is also a sheriff; and his little brother Jake. The problem? they have to survive the month with no sunlight, which is vampire paradise.
- Come get me, motherfuckers!!!
- [holding up sunlamp] Yeah, it worked! but they're gonna cut the power. [Power goes out] Oh, sh-[starts running]
- Jake, when they're all watchin me, call Stella on the walkie talkie and tell her to run for it. [Looks up, from preparing to inject] You did good, little brother. [Hugs Jake] Take care of Stella for me.
- [After injecting Billy's blood] I can smell your blood.
- When you have a family, you never hurt them!
- It took us centuries to make them believe that we are no more than just bad dreams. We should give them no reason to suspect.
- Their heads must be separated from their bodies. Do not turn them.
- Stella: I guess it's a good thing you didn't want kids, eh? [Eben looks up, rather annoyed] Imagine.
- The Stranger: The cold isn't the weather, that's death approaching.
- The Stranger: [after Eben shoots him] You Shithead!
- Beau: Welcome to Barrow, Top of the world!
- Doug: I kept shootin', and they just kept comin'. It's like they're all cooked up on PCP or something.
- Girl Vampire: I'm done playing with this one. You wanna play with me now?
- Eben: Come on. You and me, let's go. I'm taking you outside.
- The Stranger: [standing up] I'd like to see that.
- Stella: [resting gun against his head] So would I. But then Lucy would have to clean up after Eben was done kicking your ass.
- The Stranger: Mr. and Mrs. Sheriff. So sweet. So helpless against what is coming.
- Stella: He's just trying to freak us out.
- Jake: It's working.
- The Stranger: They're coming
- Eben: Who're they?
- The Stranger: No way out of town. No one coming to help.
- Jake Oleson: Shut up.
- The Stranger: You can feel that. That cold ain't the weather - that's death approaching. Who do you think they're gonna take first? The girl, who thinks a gun will help her? The kid, sheriff's kid? Or the old gal?
- Jake Oleson: Shut up.
- [Jake throws a boardgame piece at the Stranger]
- The Stranger: Oh... yeah... thank you, for the plastic. I can snap that apart and pick the lock.
- Jake: I saw them feeding on Grandma Helen. I saw their teeth. They're like vampires, you know?
- Stella: Vampires don't exist, Jake.
- Doug: They don't fall down when they're shot.
- Beau: Hell, neither do I.
- Kirsten: Please, God!
- Marlow: God? [looks up at sky then back down at Kirsten. He shakes his head.] No God.
- Jake: [shaking uncontrollably] Sh-she was...j-just a g-girl...
- Stella: [Embracing Jake] It's ok.
- Eben: I'll go. I'm the fastest.
- Jake: Bullshit! I'll go. I-I weigh less than you.
- Eben: You're fifteen.
- Jake: Exactly! You have a wife, people need you!
- Eben: I saw what you did back there. You up to doing that 6 or 7 more times?
- Stella: You don't even think it will work.
- Eben: But you do.
- Eben: They'll kill her if she runs. She'll burn if she stays.
- Jake: Eben.
- Eben: Oh dear god.
- Stella: I should have fought harder.
- Eben: The things you'll do to save your own.
- Stella: We were like that once, weren't we?
- Head Vampire: (Quoting polish journalist Ryszard Kapuscinski) When man meets a force he can't destroy, he destroys himself instead. What a plague you are.
- Marlow: (Looking at a severely burned vampire, and quoting Dmitri Pisarev) What can be broken, must be broken.
- Eben: We'll watch the sunrise together.
- Stella: I'm so sorry, baby. I never should have left you.
- Eben: It's almost dawn. We made it.
- Stella: Eben, Dawn! [starts crying]
- Josh Hartnett - Eben Oleson
- Melissa George - Stella Oleson
- Ben Foster - The Stranger
- Mark Rendall - Jake Oleson
- Danny Huston - Marlow
- Mark Boone Junior - Beau Brower
- 30 Days of Night quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- 30 Days of Night at Rotten Tomatoes