A Chorus Line (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
One singular sensation. (taglines)
- Directed by Richard Attenborough. Written by Arnold Schulman, based on the musical by James Kirkwood Jr. and Nicholas Dante.
- Goddammit, now can't ANYBODY up there hear me! Just let your hair down! Can't you talk? All of you, just talk, to me, to each other!... Jesus Christ!
- Why is it only my ass that ever gets invited places?
- I couldn't catch a ball if it had Elmer's Glue on it. And wouldn't my father have to be this big ex-football hero. Well, he was so humiliated, he didn't know what to tell his friends, so he told them all I had Polio. On Father's Day, I used to limp for him.
- I would always try to find ways to kill myself, but then I realized to commit suicide in Buffalo is redundant.
- Mike Cass: How many jobs are there?
- Larry: 4 and 4.
- Judy Monroe: 44?
- Sheila: No, 4 and 4.
- Larry: 4 boys, 4 girls.
- Sheila: Need any women?
- Zach: Tell me about the Bronx.
- Diana: What's to tell about the Bronx? It's uptown and to the right.
- Zach: What made you start dancing?
- Diana: Who knows? I'm Puerto Rican. We jump around a lot.
- Sheila: You were a rotten dancer.
- Zach: Why do you think I became your choreographer?
- Larry: Don't you know the combination, Sheila?
- Sheila: I knew it when I was in front!
- Sheila: Can I sit on your lap?
- Zach: Do you always come on like this?
- Sheila: No. Sometimes I'm aggressive.
- Sheila: My mother was kind of middle-aged and frumpy.
- Diana: Whose isn't?
- Sheila: At fourteen she was middle-aged and frumpy.
- Connie: Connie Wong. Always Wong, never Wight.
- [Zach looks up]
- Connie: Bad joke. I was born in Chinatown, lower east side.
- Zach: How old are you?
- Connie: I was born December 5th, four thousand six hundred and forty two, the Year of the Chicken.
- Connie: Tapping's not my strongest point!
- Larry: I see that.
- One singular sensation.
- Michael Douglas - Zach, choreographer
- Alyson Reed - Cassie
- Terrence Mann - Larry, assistant choreographer
- Sharon Brown - Kim, Zach's secretary
- Michael Blevins - Mark Tobori
- Yamil Borges - Diana Morales
- Jan Gan Boyd - Connie Wong
- Gregg Burge - Richie Walters
- Cameron English - Paul San Marco
- Tony Fields - Al DeLuca
- Audrey Landers - Val Clarke
- Nicole Fosse - Kristine Evelyn-DeLuca
- Vicki Frederick - Sheila Bryant
- Michelle Johnston - Beatrice Ann "Bebe" Benson
- Janet Jones - Judy Monroe
- Pam Klinger - Maggie Winslow
- Charles McGowan - Mike Cass
- Justin Ross - Greg Gardner
- Blane Savage - Don Kerr
- Matt West - Bobby Mills