A Good Year
A Good Year is a 2006 international romantic comedy film produced and directed by Ridley Scott. Filmed in France and Britain, it featured a cast of British, French, New Zealand and Australian actors. The screenplay by Marc Klein is based on the 2004 novel of the same name by Peter Mayle. The film premiered at the 2006 Toronto International Film Festival.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Uncle Henry Skinner
- You'll come to see that a man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, uh... how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it.
- Once you find something good Max, you need to take care of it. You need to let it grow.
- [on the book Death in Venice] Given the title, I don't think you'll be surprised by the ending.
- Well done. Proves the adage that wisdom can be found in the most unlikely places.
- Pardon my lips. They find joy in the most unusual places.
- Boss, why do you keep calling me 'ALF?' Because, as you're an aggressive little f*ck. As your boss and genetic superior, I can call you anything I want.
- Oh Henry, Bloody Hell.
- Admit it, Love, this is because I wouldn't shag you at the Christmas Party, isn't it?
- The only thing right about your intelligence is that its all wrong. But you were always at the back of the Conga line.
- 'Fraid so - be in touch.
- Real men don't play bridge.
- I'll give you a tip Bert.Never pat a burning dog.
- Kenny, I want the 10 year yield, I want the figures for the Andserson account and I want you to get your scrawny little backside out of my chair. Thank you.
- MacDonalds is in Avignon, fish and chips in Marseille. Allez.
- Morning lab rats.
- Kenny, why don't you go and find some small animals to hurt? I know, find a poodle and punt it off the balcony.
- I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess, some short-tempered jealousy on the side, and a bottle of wine that tastes like you, a glass that's never empty.
- Francis, I'm a banker. I have no imagination.
- Such a lovely tie. Do tell your mother I admire her taste.
- [ To Fanny Chenal ] Hello. Oh no, don't worry about me. I'm...I'm the pool man. I do this every Thursday, its just routine maintenance. Its been lovely chatting to you. And,and you are a spectacular vision... Any chance for a rope or a ladder ?
- Uh, yes. I'm the temporary custodian of the lime green roller skate, but its a hired car, a rental. Its not for sale.
- What is it, Major Lawrence, that attracts you, personally, to the desert?... Its clean. I like it because its clean !
- I shall have an Eclipse.I'm too impatient to be a wine lover.If I'm gonna get drunk, I don't want to spend all night doing it.
- [getting in the wrong side of the car] Bollocks!
- Russell Crowe - Max Skinner
- Albert Finney - Uncle Henry
- Marion Cotillard - Fanny Chenal
- Abbie Cornish - Christie Roberts
- Didier Bourdon - Francis Duflot
- Isabelle Candelier - Ludivine Duflot
- Freddie Highmore - Young Max Skinner
- Tom Hollander - Charlie Willis
- Rafe Spall - Kenny
- Richard Coyle - Amis
- Archie Panjabi - Gemma
- Kenneth Cranham - Sir Nigel
- Daniel Mays - Bert, the doorman.
- Giannina Facio - Maitre D'
- Everything matures... eventually.
- Sometimes it takes a change of scenery to have a change of heart.