A Star is Bored
A Star Is Bored is a 1956 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon, directed by Friz Freleng. The short was released on September 15, 1956, and stars Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. In the short, Daffy Duck must double for Bugs in any slapstick that Warners considers too dangerous for its star Bug Bunny.
- Daffy Duck: What a job for a duck with my talents, pushing a broom while others with absolutely nothing on the ball get all the breaks.
- Bugs Bunny: [inside dressing room] Oh, it's so nice of you, Lolly...
- Daffy Duck: Eesh! Listen to that ham putting it on.
- Bugs Bunny: Well, I'm willing to do anything my public demands.
- Daffy Duck: [mockingly] "Anything my public demands. Anything my public demands." That does it! If a long-eared rabbit can be a star, so can a duck!
- Producer: [on phone] Yeah. Yeah, I know we need a double on the Bugs Bunny picture, but where can I get anyone stupid enough to take the job?
- Daffy Duck: Okay, boss, hang up. A star is born, and that star is me!
- Producer: I'll call you right back. I... I think I got a pigeon.
- Daffy Duck: Pigeon? I'm not a pigeon. I'm a duck. D-U-K, duck. Loaded with talent. I do card tricks and impersonations. I work at weddings, bar mitzvahs... Have tux, will travel.