A Star is Bored
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Star Is Bored is a 1956 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon, directed by Friz Freleng. The short was released on September 15, 1956, and stars Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. In the short, Daffy Duck must double for Bugs in any slapstick that Warners considers too dangerous for its star Bug Bunny.
- Daffy Duck: What a job for a duck with my talents, pushing a broom while others with absolutely nothing on the ball get all the breaks.
- Bugs Bunny: [inside dressing room] Oh, it's so nice of you, Lolly...
- Daffy Duck: Eesh! Listen to that ham putting it on.
- Bugs Bunny: [from inside] Well, I'm willing to do anything my public demands.
- Daffy Duck: [mockingly] "Anything my public demands. Anything my public demands." That does it! If a long-eared rabbit can be a star, so can a duck!
- Producer: [on phone] Yeah. Yeah, I know we need a double on the Bugs Bunny picture, but where can I get anyone stupid enough to take the job?
- Daffy Duck: Okay, boss, hang up. A star is born, and that star is me!
- Producer: I'll call you right back. I...I think I got a pigeon.
- Daffy Duck: Pigeon? I'm not a pigeon. I'm a duck. D-U-K, duck. Loaded with talent. I do card tricks and impersonations. I work at weddings, bar mitzvahs...Have tux, will travel.
- Bugs Bunny: Remember, Elmer! You're not supposed to cut the limb all the way through!
- Daffy Duck: [disguised as Elmer Fudd] Hah. Goodbye, rabbit! You're gonna be a falling star! [laughs as he saws the branch, but, then the tree falls with him and Bugs was on a branch]
- Director: Okay, print it.
- [Last lines]
- Daffy Duck: I wonder where all the hunters are today? [gets blasted by the hunters] I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO WROTE THIS SCRIPT?!
- [As it turns out, the one responsible for writing the script was Bugs Bunny]
- Bugs Bunny: I'd like to tell him, but, [chuckles] modesty forbids.
- A Star is Bored quotes at the Internet Movie Database