A Zed and Two Noughts is a 1985 film.
- Written and directed by Peter Greenaway
- In the land of the legless the one-legged woman is queen.
- Imagine that, the body - in all its delicious detail - fading away leaving a skeleton with iron legs.
- Alba Bewick: I am about to become a mother, and you are about to become a father... or fathers.
- Oswald Deuce: You what?
- Oliver Deuce: You are?
- Alba Bewick: I am.
- Oswald Deuce: Good lord.
- Oliver Deuce: You can?
- Alba Bewick: Of course! Is leglessness a form of contraception?
- Oswald Deuce: I'm not sure.
- Alba Bewick: You're not sure!
- Oswald Deuce: I'm delighted!
- Alba Bewick: You are delighted!
- Alba Bewick: A pregnant cripple and you are delighted? Think of what it will do to my sense of balance!
- Oswald Deuce': It might help! Give you more stability.
- Alba Bewick: Then you recommend it? Recommendation's one thing. A womb on crutches is another.
- Oliver Deuce: So... who's the father?
- Alba Bewick: Well, well, well. Why don't you discuss it between yourselves?
- Oliver Deuce: Why, don't you know?
- Alba Bewick: Grand dieu! Does an animal behaviorist need to ask such questions? As far as I'm concerned, you both are.
- Oswald Deuce: But you...
- Alba Bewick: NO BUTS!
- Alba Bewick: You're brothers, aren't you? What's a few spermatozoa among