Abu Asim Azmi (born 8 August 1955) is a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly. He represents the Mankhurd Shivaji Nagar Constituency, Mumbai. He belongs to the Samajwadi Party. He is the President of the Maharashtra state branch of the Samajwadi Party (SP).
- Rape survivors too should be hanged.
- Any woman whether married or unmarried, if she goes along with a man, with or without her consent, should be hanged. Both should be hanged.
- Apr 2014. As quoted/attributed in : Another SP leader’s rape remark sparks outrage
- Any woman if, whether married or unmarried, goes along with a man, with or without her consent, should be hanged. Rape is punishable by hanging in Islam. But here, nothing happens to women, only to men. Even the woman is guilty. Girls complain when someone touches them, and even when someone doesn't touch them. It becomes a problem then ... If rape happens with or without consent, it should be punished as prescribed in Islam."
- See, I don't know what context he said it in. But, at times, the wrong people are awarded the death penalty. Boys do it in josh (Hindi: excitement), but what can I say in this? The death sentence should be given. I won't speak against Islam.
- mid-day. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2019.