Adam Lindsay Gordon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adam Lindsay Gordon (October 19, 1833 – 24 June 1870) was an Australian poet, jockey and politician.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Life is mostly froth and bubble;
Two things stand like stone,
Kindness in another's trouble,
Courage in your own.
- "Finis Exoptatus (A metaphysical Song)" (24 November 1866), Fytte 8 of Ye Wearie Wayfarer: Hys Ballad in Eight Fyttes, as published in Sea Spray and Smoke Drift (1867).
- Variant: Many quoters, including Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919), have "in our own" instead of "in your own".
- Poems by Adam Lindsay Gordon (plain text)
- The Adam Lindsay Gordon Commemorative Committee
- Adam Lindsay Gordon (1833-1870) Gravesite at Brighton General Cemetery (Vic).