After the Thin Man
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mr. and Mrs. Thin Man Are Back In Their New Hittaglines
- Let's get something to eat, I'm thirsty.
- Nora Charles: I suppose we ought to decide where we're going.
- Nick Charles: Why, do you care?
- Nora Charles: No, but I haven't any clothes.
- Nick Charles: Well, what's the difference? Saves you the trouble of packing. And I don't need anything in the world, darling, but you... and a toothbrush.
- Nora Charles: Are you packing?
- Nick Charles: Yes dear, I'm putting away this liquor.
- Nick Charles: You see, when it comes to words like that, an illiterate person...
- Polly Byrnes: Whaddaya mean "illiterate"? My father and mother were married right here in the city hall!
- Nick Charles: Having a good time, Mrs. Charles?
- Nora Charles: It couldn't be better.
- Dancer: Have you ever been thrown out of a place, Mr. Charles?
- Nick Charles: Let's see. How many was it up to yesterday, Mrs. Charles?
- Nora Charles: Well, uh, how many places were you in, Mr. Charles?
- Nick Charles: Who was that?
- Nora Charles: Oh, you wouldn't know them, darling. They're respectable.
- Dancer: [to Nick] Once a gumheel, always a gumheel, huh? Well, I don't like gumheels, but I thought you'd quit it when you married a pot of money.
- Nora Charles: Did he call me a pot?
- Nick Charles: Good morning!
- Lieutenant Abrams: Good evening.
- Nick Charles: Uh, yes, good evening. Will you have some breakfast?
- Lieutenant Abrams: Thanks, I just had dinner.
- Nick Charles: I give up.
- Nick Charles: Have you made any New Year's resolutions?
- Nora Charles: Not yet. Any complaints or suggestions?
- Nick Charles: A few.
- Nora Charles: Which?
- Nick Charles: Complaints.
- Nora Charles: All right shoot.
- Nick Charles: Well, you don't scold, you don't nag, and you look far too pretty in the mornings.
- Nora Charles: All right, I'll remember: must scold, must nag, musn't be too pretty in the mornings.
- Nick Charles: How do you do? I'd like to get this gal out of the woman's tank.
- Prison Matron: Oh, yes. Is this the one that was doing the fan dance?
- Nick Charles: Fan dance?
- Prison Matron: Yes.
- Nick Charles: Well, if it is, she's been holding out on me.
- Nora Charles: Nickie, have you any pictures of yourself taken as a baby?
- Nick Charles: [Trying to sleep] No.
- Nora Charles: Aww, that's a shame. I want to see what you looked like.
- Nick Charles: I'll have some taken in the morning.
- Selma Landis: Good night Nick, and thanks so much for everything. I want to kiss you. [Looks at Nora] May I?
- Nora Charles: Go right ahead. But I warn you, it's a hard habit to get out of.
- Mr. and Mrs. Thin Man Are Back In Their New Hit
- Continuing the fun in their NEW hit!
- William Powell — Nick Charles
- Myrna Loy — Nora Charles
- James Stewart — David Graham
- Elissa Landi – Selma Landis
- Skippy - Asta, their dog
- Joseph Calleia - "Dancer"
- Jessie Ralph - Katherine Forrest
- Alan Marshal - Robert Landis
- Sam Levene - Lieutenant Abrams
- Penny Singleton - Polly Byrnes