Against All Odds
Jump to navigation Jump to search
She was a beautiful fugitive. Fleeing from corruption. From power. He was a professional athlete past his prime. Hired to find her, he grew to love her. Love turned to obsession. Obsession turned to murder. And now the price of freedom might be nothing less than their lives. taglines
- Directed by Taylor Hackford. Written by Eric Hughes.
- He said the only way I'd get away from him would be to kill him.
- You never found where I live, did you? I don't think anybody could. Its the prettiest place on the island. Don't leave without saying goodbye. Take the highway out of town to kilometer 19. And when you see the three Tecate cans, its the first dirt road on the right. Don't leave without saying goodbye. Don't leave without saying goodbye.
- It's simple: either you want to play football again, or you don't.
- It's a little dirty. But, not so dirty, you won't sleep nights.
- Ben Caxton: That idiot football player you were going to "get" - has got me by the balls.
- Jake Wise: Look, I was a bit of an asshole. You know, I got crazy and I popped her a few times, she came after me with a knife. Just missed my balls.
- Terry Brogan: And was she going for them?
- Jake Wise: Don't they all?
- Jake Wise: What the hell made you think you could handle Jessie? I bet you used to bring her some flowers.
- Terry Brogan: No, you don't have to do that when you're living in the jungle. You just take her outside and show her what tree you're going to do it under tonight. Hell, we had lots of trees.
- Terry Brogan: Say, eh, there's not too much going on on this island. Do you know where I can go to have a good time?
- Jessie Wyler: Get off the island. The ferry leaves every morning.
- Jessie Wyler: Jake hates me. My family hates me. Everyone hates me! I don't believe you've come all this was just to find me.
- Terry Brogan: Guys are crippling themselves for you, lady. I could give a shit what you believe.
- Terry Brogan: So, what is it you don't like exactly? Football players, tacos, or beer?
- Jessie Wyler: I like tacos and beer.
- Terry Brogan: I keep trying to think which thing I did in my life made me deserve you.
- Jessie Wyler: Go to hell.
- Terry Brogan: Oh, I have, you know that, lady!
- Jessie Wyler: It is just so hard for me to trust anyone!
- Terry Brogan: I'm not anyone.
- Jessie Wyler: I know. I know you're not and I'm trying. I want to trust you! God, I love you! Oh, I love you.
- Terry Brogan: Hey, come on, the Park's closing. Let's go to the sweat house.
- Terry Brogan: You know I went down there looking for you? I came back here to see if anyone knew anything I was worried about you... [points at Jake's house] Came back to that fuck!
- Jessie Wyler: I love you.
- Terry Brogan: Oh yeah I noticed!!! [speeds off in Porsche]
- Jessie Wyler: I think about you.
- Terry Brogan: I think about you too, lady. Let's leave it at that.
- Ben Caxton: Remember, Brogan - you're out of her life.
- Terry Brogan: Figure that's up to her. You're not going to control us forever.
- She was a beautiful fugitive. Fleeing from corruption. From power. He was a professional athlete past his prime. Hired to find her, he grew to love her. Love turned to obsession. Obsession turned to murder. And now the price of freedom might be nothing less than their lives.
- From the director of "An Officer and A Gentleman" comes a different kind of film.
- Sometimes love is the most dangerous game of all.
- Rachel Ward - Jessie Wyler
- Jeff Bridges - Terry Brogan
- James Woods - Jake Wise
- Alex Karras - Hank Sully
- Jane Greer - Mrs. Grace Wyler
- Richard Widmark - Ben Caxton
- Dorian Harewood - Tommy
- Swoosie Kurtz - Edie
- Saul Rubinek - Steve Kirsch
- Pat Corely - Ed Phillips