Jump to navigation Jump to search
Something hit us... The crew is dead... Help us, please, please help us! Taglines
Airport 1975 is a 1974 American disaster film about a Boeing 747 in flight that collides with a small plane, and a stewardess must take control of the plane. It is the second part of Airport franchise.
- Alan Murdock: Look baby I've only got half an hour. Can't we talk it out when you get to LA?
- Nancy Pryor: Don't forget your flight, Murdock. You wouldn't want to keep that boss of your waiting.
- [In reference to Gloria Swanson at the Airport]
- Sister Ruth: Who is she Sister Beatrice, do you recognise her? [In a very disapproving tone]
- Sister Beatrice: I believe its one of those Hollywood persons.
- Sister Ruth: Oh, you mean an actress?
- Sister Beatrice: Or worse!
- Gary: Would you hold this please, I'll take care of Miss Swanson. Good Evening, right this way please.
- Gloria Swanson: Thank you.
- Nancy Pryor: Good Evening Miss Swanson.
- Gloria Swanson: Good Evening. I mean, good morning!
- Gary: Right here, Miss Swanson.
- Gloria Swanson: [In reference to her bomb proof case] Oh yes, put it under my feet. Thank you very much.
- Gary: It's a pleasure to have with us, Miss Swanson. If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know.
- Gloria Swanson: I shall.
- Sister Beatrice: Never mind her Sister, put your ticket away.
- Sister Ruth: Yes Sister.
- [Janice Abbott settles onto her bed in first class]
- Mrs. Abbott: Please, Janice. Remember what the doctor said - you must lie still, very still.
- Janice Abbott: I know, Mother, but it's so exciting! The people are so interesting!
- Mrs. Devaney: Miss?
- Nancy Pryor: You need something?
- Mrs. Devaney: I feel a little queasy. The altitude I guess. I'll have a bourbon... with a beer chaser.
- Barney: Uh. Miss Devaney. Do you know what you just ordered? They call those boiler makers.
- Mrs. Devaney: I know.
- Nancy Pryor: A bourbon with a beer chaser.
- [Nancy tries to communicate with the nearest airport after the mid-air collision]
- Nancy Pryor: Salt Lake... Salt Lake! This is Columbia 409! It's Nancy Pryor... stewardess. Something hit us! All the flight crew is dead or badly injured! There's no one left to fly the plane! Help us! Oh my God, help us!
- Joseph Patroni, Jr.: Look mom there's another airplane out there!
- Mrs. Patroni: Where?
- Joseph Patroni, Jr.: Right out there!
- Mrs. Patroni: Oh my God there is...
- Joseph Patroni, Jr.: It's an airforce jet. He's probably checking the damage. He's going to help us.
- Mrs. Patroni: He is.
- Joe Patroni: There she is. She's flying it! She's flying it herself!
- Alan Murdock: Climb baby, climb.
- Mrs. Patroni: Well, the first stewardess is at the controls, but she... she's in constant touch with the tower.
- Barney: You mean THE STEWARDESS IS FLYING THE PLANE?
- Mrs. Patroni: [whispering] Would you please keep your voice down.
- Barney: S-s-sure... [Barney becomes histerycal] The stewardess is flying the plane. The stewardess...
- [Mrs Devaney hands Barney a large Whiskey]
- Mrs Devaney: Here...
- Barney: Thank you Mrs Devaney, but I don't drink.
- Mrs Devaney: [Looking confused] Well what difference does it make now?
- Barney: You're right. [Barney takes drink from Mrs Devaney and takes gulp of Whiskey] No difference.
- Gloria Swanson: The mountains - we're so close!
- Something hit us... The crew is dead... Help us, please, please help us!
- Star-studded cast trapped in a plunging airplane... And only a death-defying rescue mission can save them!
- ALL NEW screen excitement inspired by novel "Airport" by Arthur Hailey.
- An all new motion picture inspired by the film AIRPORT based on the novel by Arthur Hailey!
- A mid-air collision leaves a 747 without a pilot...
- Charlton Heston – Alan Murdock
- Karen Black – Nancy Pryor
- George Kennedy – Joe Patroni
- Gloria Swanson – Herself
- Efrem Zimbalist Jr. – Captain Stacy
- Susan Clark – Helen Patroni
- Myrna Loy – Mrs. Devaney
- Sid Caesar – Barney
- Linda Blair – Janice Abbott
- Dana Andrews – Scott Freeman
- Helen Reddy – Sister Ruth