Alaska is a U.S. state on the northwest extremity of the country's West Coast, just across the Bering Strait from Asia and Russia. Alaska is by far the largest U.S. state by area, comprising more total area than the next three largest states Texas, California, and Montana combined, but also the most sparsely populated state. Notable for breathtaking landscapes, it contains nearly 3 million lakes and is the Coldest state in the U.S.
- To The Lover of Wilderness, Alaska is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
- John Muir
- I Like Alaska for the salmon fishing - It's fantastic there. I usually stay in a Log Cabin with no one around for miles. I like to go with friends, but I'm also happy to be on my own with Nature.
- Vinnie Jones
- This is probably the freest life you could live.
- Heimo Korth, The Last Alaskans, Season 2
- Nobody is accidentally in Alaska, the People who are in Alaska are there because they choose to be, so they've sort of got a real frontier ethic. Those people are incredibly friendly, interesting, smart people - but they also stay out of each other's business.
- Marcus Sakey
- I've got 290 Days a year that I don't see anybody else. So, I need to make sure I have enough food to make it.
- Sue Aikens, Life Below Zero
- We are in possession of all your information (email, address, telephone ... everything),
- You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure. You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you.
- Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you.
- an email sent to Registered voters in Florida and Alaska sent from an address linked to the Proud Boys, according to US voters are receiving threatening emails from foreign servers warning them to vote Trump 'or we will come after you' (Oct 21, 2020)
- Encyclopedic article on Alaska on Wikipedia