Alaska: The Last Frontier
Alaska: The Last Frontier is an American television series that first aired in 2011 on the Discovery Channel. They showcase the Kilcher family, descendants of Swiss immigrants and Alaskan pioneers, Yule and Ruth Kilcher. At their homestead 11 miles outside of Homer near Anchorage, living without modern heating, they thrive to live the Frontier ethic. They farm, hunt, fish, and gather water to prepare for the Long Alaskan Winter. The tenth season premiered on October 25, 2020. In October of 2022, the eleventh season began.
- Basically, I just use whatever resources I have around here, and then I let nature do the rest.
- There is nowhere else in the world that I have been able to go where you can enjoy the wilderness and outdoors.
- But for me it's also about pushing that frontier farther and farther, just like my grandfather yule did when he came to Alaska from Europe.
- Daily adventure in Alaska, when you start off a day, you never know where you're going to end up.
- Otto Kilcher, Ep: Reasons to Live in Alaska, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Season 2 (2013)
- My yard is like a hardware store.