Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We was as ’appy as could be that day
Down at the Welsh ’Arp, which is ’Endon way.
- Song The Coster’s Serenade (1894).
- We've been together now for forty years,
An' it don't seem a day too much,
There ain't a lady livin' in the land
As I'd "swop" for my dear old Dutch.
- Song My Old Dutch (1892).
- Wot cher! all the neighbours cried,
Who yer gonna meet, Bill,
Have yer bought the street, Bill?
Laugh! I thought I should've died,
Knocked 'em in the Old Kent Road.
- She wears a artful bonnet, feathers stuck upon it,
Coverin' a fringe all curled;
She's just about the sweetest, prettiest and neatest
Doner in the wide, wide world!
And she'll be Missis 'Awkins, Missis 'En'ry 'Awkins,
Got 'er for to name the day;
Settled it last Monday, so to church on Sunday,
Off we trots the donkey shay!
- Song The Future Mrs 'Awkins.