Sir Alexander Chapman "Alex" Ferguson Kt CBE (born 31 December 1941 in Govan, Glasgow), popularly known as "Sir Alex" or "Fergie", is a Scottish football manager and former player, former manager of Manchester United, where he had been in charge from 1986 to 2013.
- My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that.
- Football, bloody hell!
- Sometimes we can get too emotional as a club with things that are happening but we are both of a common denominator; we don't want the club to be in anyone else's hands. That is the way that the club stands with that. I support that.
- Sometimes you look in a field and you see a cow and you think it's a better cow than the one you've got in your own field. It's a fact. Right? And it never really works out that way.
- That's one of the most stupid questions I've heard. I'll go with Mascherano.
- When asked, after losing the UEFA Champions League final against Barcelona, which Barcelona's talent he would sign for the next season in case he would have a blank cheque.
- Sbnation.com (27 May 2011)]
- All my staff stood by me, the players stood by me, you stood by me, and your job now is to stand by our new manager. That’s important. My retirement doesn’t mean the end of my time at the club. I’ll now be able to enjoy watching them, rather than suffering with them. But, if you think about it, the last-minute goals, the comebacks, even the defeats, are all part of this great football club of ours. It’s been an unbelievable experience for all of us, so thank-you for that. I want to say thank-you to Manchester United. Not just the directors, coaching staff, medical staff, the players, the fans, but to all of you - you have been the most fantastic experience of my life. I’ve been very fortunate. I have been able to manage some of the greatest players in the country, let alone Manchester United. All the players here today have represented this club the proper way. They won the championship in a fantastic fashion, so well done to the players. To the players, I wish them every success in the future. You all know how good you are, you know the jersey you are wearing, you know what it means to everyone here and don’t ever let yourselves down.