Alexis Tsipras (Greek: Αλέξης Τσίπρας) (born 28 July 1974) is a Greek socialist politician, member of the Hellenic Parliament, president of the Synaspismós political party and head of the Coalition of the Radical Left (SYRIZA) parliamentary group.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We don't claim that there is plenty of money. Greek people are not asking for money. They are asking for work and the ability to make a living.
- I want to be honest with you. We did not achieve the agreement we expected before the January elections... I feel the deep ethical and political responsibility to put to your judgment all I have done, successes and failures.
- As quoted in "Tsipras resigns, paving way for snap Greek election", Investing.com (20 August 2015).
- What's needed is patience and composure. The bank deposits of the Greek people are fully secure. The same applies to the payment of wage and pension — they are also guaranteed.
- As quoted in "Greece's prime minister — seeking to calm Greek citizens — quotes FDR: 'The only thing to fear is fear itself'" businessinsider.com (28 June 2015).
- Sophocles taught us that the greatest of all human laws is justice… and I think that is something we have to remember.
- As quoted in "Greek Prime Minister Tsipras Quotes Sophocles: What Do Ancient Greek Playwrights And Philosophers Say About Debt?", ibtimes.com (08 July 2015).
- Homepage of Alexis Tsipras, 2014 candidature for European Commission President
- Curriculum Vitae Synaspismos website
- Ανοιχτή Πόλη
- Tsipras MP profile on Vouliwatch.gr
- Tsipras profile on Twitter.com