Alimony is a type of obligated spousal support that is established by law in many countries and is based on the premise that both spouses have an absolute obligation to support each other during the marriage (or civil union) unless they are legally separated. In some instances the obligation to support may continue after separation.
- Alimony, that's what made OJ crack...after paying alimony OJ didn't score a touchdown in 20 years.
- Alimony - the greatest crap shoot in family law.
- " MARSHAL WILLICK, ESQ" by The Nevada Lawyer, April 2007 
- Judges, as a class, display, in the matter of arranging alimony, that reckless generosity which is found only in men who are giving away someone else's cash.
- In some instances, alimony has become akin to a social-welfare program provided by working women to their ex-husbands.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|