All About My Mother
Jump to navigation Jump to search
All About My Mother (Span., Todo Sobre Mi Madré) is a 1999 Spanish drama film about a young man who wants to become a writer and also to discover the identity of his father, carefully concealed by his mother.
- Written and directed by Pedro Almodovar.
- Well, as I was saying, it costs a lot to be authentic, ma'am. And one can't be stingy with these things because you are more authentic the more you resemble what you've dreamed of being.
- Just don't disappear again. I like to say good-bye to the people I love, even if it's only to cry my eyes out, bitch.
- How could I own a real Chanel when there is so much poverty in the world?
- I'm not a whore. I've been fucked around a lot, but I'm not a whore.
- You are not a human being, Lola. You are an epidemic.
- How could anyone act so macho with a pair of tits like that?
- Manuela: Do you have any alcohol?
- Agrado: No, I drank it all last night.
- Manuela: I meant for disinfecting.
- Huma: But can you act?
- Manuela: I can lie very well, and I'm used to improvising.
- Manuela: Women will do anything to avoid being alone.
- Rosa: Women are more tolerant, but that's good.