Always (1989 film)
Always is a 1989 romantic drama film directed by Steven Spielberg, and starring Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman and Brad Johnson. This is also Audrey Hepburn's final film appearance. The film was distributed by Universal Studios and United Artists.
- There's something fishy going on here. And I don't think it's the chicken.
- He's too beautiful. He's too much twisted steel and sex appeal. I can't be with a guy that looks like I won him in a raffle.
- [Ted is hearing Pete's words in his head as his own thoughts]
- Bartender: What'll it be?
- Pete: Extra dry vodka martini. Don't forget the olive.
- Ted: Root beer. Don't forget the olive.
- Al: I miss him too! I miss him too. I miss him every day. I loved him like I've never loved a guy. And I don't love guys. You don't have an excuse, you quit. You quit, you gave up. He never quit on anything until it killed him, and that was his way, and there's much worse ways. And boys you sure found one.
- Dorinda: I can't live without it.
- Al: Bullshit.
- [after Pete's plane explodes, he finds himself getting a haircut in the woods]
- Pete: Hap, I don't want you to think that I'm doubting you good faith, I just want to get one thing clear, okay?
- Hap: Okay.
- Pete: Am I dead?
- Hap: That's right.
- Pete: I'm dead?
- Hap: Right.
- Pete: Keep the sideburns. Boy, what a jerk I turned out to be. Dead! And now, I sitting in the woods, getting my haircut.
- Dorinda: ...so he sees this building on fire and then just outside of town of this reservoir, so what he does is...
- Ted: He takes a plane, he goes over the reservoir, fills it with water, dumps it, puts the fire out.
- Dorinda: No! He missed. He hit the post office next door. Knocked it on its butt! It took him three tries. The town was awash; the groceries were burnt. It was fire, flood and famine. If he could have managed plague, it would have been the four horsemen of the apocalypse in one PBY. I mean he was unique.
- Richard Dreyfuss as Pete Sandich
- Holly Hunter as Dorinda Durston
- John Goodman as Al Yackey
- Brad Johnson as Ted Baker
- Audrey Hepburn as Hap
- Roberts Blossom as Dave
- Ed Van Nuys as Nails
- Marg Helgenberger as Rachel
- Dale Dye as Don
- Brian Haley as Alex
- James Lashly as Charlie
- Michael Steve Jones as Grey