Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Sriram Raghavan. Written by Sriram Raghavan, Hemanth M Rao, Pooja Ladha Surti, Arijit Biswas and Yogesh Chandekar.
He sees what he shouldn’t. She sees what he couldn’t. So the question is, does he see it or not?
- Everyone knows about the disadvantages of being blind. Let me tell you about its benefits.
- [repeated line] A cricket ball hit my head when I was 14. The optic nerve was damaged.
- Some things are complete, only because they are unfinished.
- [watching news about Akash and Simi] They've eloped.
- It's said that crabmeat is an aphrodisiac. Don't ask me to spell it. But I can tell you what it means.
- Pramod Sinha: [while watching a film] Simi, watch this scene. It's great fun. Look.
- Simi: Pammi, I've seen it ten times. Now this bimbo will get murdered. How many times have you seen it? A thousand?
- Pramod Sinha: I'm going to Bengaluru tomorrow.
- Simi: What? Have I upset you? Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. You're going away?
- Pramod Sinha: Shetty had called. There's something urgent. I'll be back by evening.
- Pramod Sinha: Can you play my songs as well?
- Akash: Sure. I'll just play them.
- Pramod Sinha: No, not here. Come to my house tomorrow for a private concert. I'll be there along with my wife. She loves the actor Rajesh Khanna. Play his numbers. She'll be happy. Here. Here's my address. And an advance. You'll get more later. One o'clock.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: What color is your cat?
- Akash: Black and white.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: How do you know?
- Akash: I was told.
- [calls the cat]
- Akash: Rani.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: You cook for yourself?
- Akash: Forget about me, Sir. Look for Rani, please. Rani might get run over.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: Water?
- Akash: Chilled?
- [quickly pours water]
- Akash: Water.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: Today's newspaper? What for?
- Akash: To collect cat poo, sir.
- [gropes the inspector]
- Akash: You're here? Please look for Rani. I'm lost without her.
- [hears the bus horn]
- Akash: Sir, Bandu's school bus. Slap him hard to make him confess. Last week he tied a firecracker to Rani's tail. She ran amok. She hid indoors for two days. That's no good.
- [Inspector throws a knife at Akash]
- Akash: What was that? Rani?
- [finds the cat]
- Akash: Rani. Where were you? Come, baby. Eat something. You haven't eaten for two days. Good girl.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: You blinded him? What do you mean? How?
- Simi: On the internet you can find a hundred ways to do that. Good. Now he's really blind.
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: But the blind can talk. He can talk to the press. If there's an inquiry, I'll get the boot. We'll get caught. You should've killed him.
- Simi: I'm not a serial killer to kill them off, one by one. Keep playing the perfect husband. Hide behind your wife. Why didn't you take my call?
- Inspector Manohar Jawanda: My wife's aunt was in the ICU. You know how it is. You were married too.
- Simi: I was. And with a far better man than you. Why did you bring your gun that day? If you hadn't, none of this would've happened. He might have forgiven me. You think you're Dirty Harry, while I do the dirty work!
- Akash: What happened?
- Simi: A rickshaw is blocking our path.
- Akash: Is there a picture of Aishwarya Rai on the back?
- Raghavan's ability to shock an entire cinema hall including the most immovable, emotionless fan coupled with his ability to make the audience laugh during these moments where your heart is in your mouth defines his unique brand of cinema.
- Sushant Mehta, "Andhadhun Review: Ayushmann Khurrana-Radhika Apte film is deliciously dark". India Today. (4 October 2018).
- The surroundings – high-rises, leafy streets and old houses in Pune – seem perfectly normal but what’s happening inside is deliciously twisted. There’s murder, betrayal, sex and a mountain of lies. In short, you can’t look away.
- There is a strong flavour of the Coen brothers at their peak, but also enough nods to Raghavan’s longstanding interest in the dynamics of the perfect crime and the hustlers and flimflam artists who populate pulp detective stories. Even at its current run-time of 139 minutes, Andhadhun slides into place as smoothly as one of Akash’s piano pieces.
- Nandini Ramnath, "'Andhadhun' film review: A wicked and wacky yarn about a crime and its unlikely punishment". Scroll.in. (5 October 2018).
- Sriram has done a fab job in keeping dark humour intact. There are so many quirky and surprise elements that will make you cover your face too.
- Shaheen Irani, "Andhadhun movie review: This blind man's game will leave you awestruck". Deccan Chronicle. (5 October 2018).
- Andhadhun deserves praise and full attention. Make sure to not miss anything, not the opening scene nor the end credits.
- Stutee Ghosh, "Review: Ayushmann's 'Andhadhun' Is a Gripping Tale of Twists and Turns". The Quint. (5 October 2018).
- Ayushmann Khurrana – Aakash Saraf
- Tabu – Simi Sinha
- Radhika Apte – Sophie
- Anil Dhawan – Pramod Sinha
- Zakir Hussain – Dr. Swami
- Ashwini Kalsekar – Rasika Jawanda
- Manav Vij – Inspector Manohar Jawanda