Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- For us military men, it is impossible to forget.
- Quoted in "Bulletin" - by Cold War International History Project, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars - Cold War - 1995
- Liberalization and democratization are in essence counter-revolution.
- Quoted in "Armageddon Averted: The Soviet Collapse" - Page 58 - by Stephen Kotkin - History - 2001
- At the present stage, the historic function of the Soviet Armed Forces is not restricted merely to their function in defending our motherland and the other socialist countries. In its foreign policy activity the Soviet state actively and purposefully opposes the export of counter-revolution and the policy of oppression, supports the national liberation struggle, and resolutely resists imperialist aggression in whatever distant region of our planet it may appear. The party and Soviet Government rely on the country's economic and defense might in fulfilling these tasks...The development of the external functions of the socialist armies is a natural process. It will continue.
- Quoted in "National Security Affairs: Theoretical Perspectives and Contemporary Issues" - Page 111 - by B. Thomas Trout, James E. Harf - Political Science - 1982
- The lesson of that victory was that Soviet citizens must still heed Lenin's warning of 1921.
- Quoted in "International Perspectives - Page 11 - by Canada Dept. of External Affairs, Canadian Institute of Strategic Studies - 1972
- The Communist Party and the Soviet Government display constant concern to strengthen the country's defensive might and raise the combat readiness of the Armed Forces.
- Quoted in "Soviet Civil Defense" - Page 5 - by Leon Gouré - 1971
- We do not have the right to forget that reactionary imperialism exists and its forces actively operate in the world, that they encourage the arms race and that they try to restore the spirit of the Cold War.
- Quoted in "The Role of Nuclear Forces in Current Soviet Strategy" - Page 53 - by Leon Gouré, Foy D. Kohler, Mose L. Harvey - 1974