Jump to navigation Jump to search
Andrew Paolo Napolitano (born June 6, 1950) is a former New Jersey Superior Court Judge and former political and legal analyst for Fox News Channel. Napolitano started on the channel in 1998, and served as the network's senior judicial analyst, commenting on legal news and trials. He also hosted the talk show Freedom Watch on Fox Business Channel.
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Constitution applies to persons, not just citizens. If you read the Constitution, its protections are not limited to Americans. And that was written intentionally, because at the time it was written, they didn't know what Native Americans would be. When the post civil war amendments were added, they didn't know how blacks would be considered, because they had a decision of the Supreme Court called Dred Scott, that said blacks are not persons. So in order to make sure the Constitution protected every human being: American, alien; citizen, non-citizen; lawful combatant, enemy combatant; innocent, guilty; those who wish us well, those who wish us ill...they use the broadest possible language, to make it clear: Wherever the government goes, the Constitution goes, and wherever the Constitution goes, the protections that it guarantees restrain the government and requires it to protect those rights.
- Judge Napolitano on Hannity and Colmes, discussing the Supreme Court rulings on the scope of the protections in the Constitution.
- Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command. He didn’t use the NSA. He didn’t use the CIA. He didn’t use the FBI and he didn’t use the Department of Justice. He used GCHQ. What the heck is GCHQ? That’s the initials for the British spying agency. They have 24-7 access to the NSA database.
- Fox & Friends interview, March 14, 2017
- Wemple, Eric (March 17, 2017). The battle within Fox News. The Washington Post. "Though Napolitano may have presented his research on a show that Fox News considers commentary or opinion, he was debuting news reporting."
- Judge Andrew Napolitano, Brian Kilmeade. (2017). Judge Nap: Obama 'Went Outside Chain of Command,' Used British Spy Agency to Surveil Trump [video]. Fox News Network. (quoted text at 01:16)