Jump to navigation Jump to search
Anna Soubry (born 7 December 1956) is a British Conservative Party politician and the current leader of the Independent Group for Change. She has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Broxtowe in Nottinghamshire since the 2010 general election.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [We are] absolutely united in our desire to renegotiate with Europe and to have a referendum - and to trust the British people to make up their minds
- Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage in heated BBC debate over EU BBC News (3 April 2014)
- The people have spoken - and they have rejected a hard Brexit.
- Hard Brexit not backed by most MPs, remain campaigners say BBC News (11 June 2017)
- We have to call it out...I believe in freedom of the press but everyone has a responsibility not to incite abuse and death threats.
- Theresa May condemns abuse of MPs over Brexit BBC News (19 December 2017)
- Somebody like Jacob, with his views on things like abortion, a man who says he's had six children and never changed a nappy, who says that even if you were to be raped by your father you wouldn't have a right to choose to have a termination - I'm sorry, but I couldn't stay in a party led by somebody like him.
- As quoted in The Metro, 7th February 2018, page 5.
- It's a very bleak day for our country. It's as stark as that. He's called the great charlatan for good reason. And he is absolutely shameless in his ability to shift his position.
- This isn't some sideshow. This is serious. We need a new political party and it's absolutely got to be done.