|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was hanging out the other night with a bunch of friends I've known forever. They were saying, "Look at you. You've grown into a swan." I looked at them and said, "My awkward phase lasted about three years longer than all of yours combined." I related to the physical and emotional awkwardness Mia goes through. She has incredibly low self-esteem. A lot of my life was spent having the same thing, but I'm getting over that now.
- As quoted in "Anne Hathaway : Royal Role" by Jeffrey Epstein at E! Online (20 July 2001)
- Taking a year off and going to school was the best thing I could have done after The Princess Diaries. It taught me that I don't need Hollywood or a job to make me happy.
- As quoted at Teenpeople.com (May 2002)
- We've all done things we shouldn't, it's just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. … I wasted time doing self-destructive things but it didn't work. I found out you can only dance on so many tabletops. I got that all out of my system and now I'm healthy and I'm grounded.
- Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic, and smelled bad. He’s protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper. I’m sorry, I know I sound insipid.
- On her boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, as quoted in "Anne Hathaway : I'm Not a Saint" in People magazine (20 February 2007)
- My entire film career's been dependent on my ability to look unattractive.