Anni-Frid Synni Lyngstad (born 15 November 1945), also known as Anni-Frid Synni, Princess Reuss of Plauen, is a Norwegian-Swedish singer, songwriter and environmentalist. A member of Swedish pop band ABBA, she was previously a spouse of pianist and composer Benny Andersson, a member of the aforementioned band; their marriage lasted from 1978 to 1981. Lyngstad became a German princess through her marriage to Heinrich Ruzzo, Prince Reuss of Plauen on 26 August 1992.
- Det sexigaste är när en person känner sig nöjd med sig själv.
- Translation: The sexiest is when a person can feel happy with one's self.
- Regarding the correlation between age and sexiness, as quoted in "”Det sexigaste är när en person känner sig bekväm med sig själv” Abba-Frida i DV-intervju", Johanna Ewerbring, 22 April 2015, Damernasvarld.se
- Mitt miljöengagemang är ingen hobby eller en andra karriär. Det är ett sätt att leva som kommer rakt från hjärtat.
- Translation: My commitment to environmentalism is not a hobby or a second job. It's a way of life that comes right from my heart.
- Regarding her status as an environmentalist, as quoted in "Anni-Frid Lyngstad fyller 60 år den 15 november", Monica Frime, Nyheter Dygnet Runt, HD.se, 13 November 2005
- Punk never got into my heart. You hear the anger now in rap, for example, but it’s different and I like that very much. Eminem is one of my favourites.
- Regarding the correlation between punk rock and rap music, as quoted in Wright, Lisa "Abba’s Frida Lyngstad: “Eminem is one of my favourites”" 11 April 2014, NME.com, New Musical Express, TI Media
- Absolutely. That will never die. It will not die with me, then!
- When asked if she is still 'in love with Zermatt and music' as quoted in an appearance on Glanz & Gloria, Swiss SRF, 7 April 2017
- "They don't respect you. It's almost as they think they have the right to your life just because you're a celebrity. I don't accept that."
- Speaking about the two Swedish magazines, translated to English from Swedish, Lyngstad's appearance on Gäst hos Hagge, SVT (1983)
Sydney Morning Herald interview (2017)
- "I've always had a soft spot for our fans in Australia and their wonderful support … It obviously does not matter from where you are in the world, if people love your music, it travels borders and captures hearts. It has a life of its own. We are immensely grateful."
- "...the energy exchange between us on stage and the audience was absolutely amazing."
- "The moment on the town hall balcony was very heartfelt and I was moved to tears by the fantastic welcome from all the people in the street looking up on us where we stood. We felt like royalty at that moment, waving to them all down there."
Interview on Skavlan (2014)
- "I've learned never to say never. You just don't know. But I've reached an age when you start taking it easier. But I enjoy singing. I still sing – at home."
- When Fredrik Skavlan asks Lyngstad about her comeback to her musical career
- "The person who started my nomadic life was my grandmother."
- "Solitude has become my companion."
- When Fredrik Skavlan asks Lyngstad about her influences of her personality.
Sveriges Magasin (1977)
- English translation of Lyngstad's appearance with ABBA on Sveriges magasin, SVT (1977)
- "The international press are trying to create some sort of hysteria around ABBA that doesn't exist. They are trying to make a myth out of us."
- Ward, Daniel. "At The Crossroads." Agnetha Fältskog: The Girl With the Golden Hair. London: Fonthill Media, 2016. N. pag. Print.
- Don't make me think
This could be true
Don't do it
These lips so close
Belong to who
Don't do it
- Don't Do It (written by Lyngstad) from Shine (1984)
- So don't tell me the story of your life
I'd rather watch the movie
Your Hollywood smile is not enough
You're giving me the blues
So when are you going to understand
I'm not the woman to make you a man
- That's Tough (Non-album single credited to Lyngstad, Hans Fredriksson, and Kirsty MacColl), from Shine (1984)
Quotes about Lyngstad
- Det var väldigt kul att arbeta med Frida, otroligt smärtfritt. Hon är enormt professionell
- Translation: It was very fun to work with Frida; unbelievably painless. She is enormously professional.
- Anders Glenmark - Regarding what it was like to work with Lyngstad during the recording session of her album "Djupa andetag", as quoted in Malin Hendriksen, "Frida – från pop till... prinsessa", Aftonbladet.se, Aftonbladet (print), 4 April 1999