Annie (1982 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The movie of 'Tomorrow'.
Annie is a 1982 American musical comedy-drama film set during the Great Depression in 1933. The film tells the story of Annie, an orphan from New York City who is taken in by America's richest billionare Oliver Warbucks.
- Directed by John Huston and written by Carol Sobieski, based on the 1977 Broadway musical of the same name by Charles Strouse, Martin Charnin and Thomas Meehan, which in turn is based on the Little Orphan Annie comic strip created by Harold Gray.
- Wait! There's something interesting in that woman's smile. I might learn to like her. Hang her in my bathroom.
- Absolutely not! I'm a businessman. I love money, I love power, I love capitalism. I do not now and never will love children.
- [singing] Some women are drippin' with diamonds / Some women are drippin' with pearls / Lucky me, lucky me, look at what I'm drippin' with / Little girls!
- Little girls, little girls, everywhere I turn I can see them.
- Grace: You love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back...
- Punjab: Buddha says "A child without courage is like a night without stars!"
- Annie: I guess they're dead. I guess I've known that deep down for a long time.
- Daddy Warbucks: I'm not giving up. Don't you give up.
- Annie: I didn't want to be just another orphan, Mr. Warbucks. I wanted to believe I was special.
- Daddy Warbucks: You *are* special! *Never* stop believing that!
- Annette: May I take your sweater, miss?
- Annie: Will I get it back?
- Molly: But they wasn't her real parents, mister, they were bad people!
- Daddy Warbucks: Leapin' lizards!
- Miss Hannigan: Where's Annie?
- Molly: She had to go to the bathroom.
- Miss Hannigan: [imitating Molly] She had to go, bathroom.
- Daddy Warbucks: Miss Hannigan, I presume?
- Miss Hannigan: Yes?
- Daddy Warbucks: I wanna talk to you about Annie.
- Miss Hannigan: You wanna return her and forget her? Or trade up?
- Daddy Warbucks: I wanna adopt her.
- Miss Hannigan: Would you excuse me for a moment? Aaarggghh!
- Daddy Warbucks: You spend your evenings in the shanties.
- Miss Hannigan: You had me followed.
- Daddy Warbucks: Imbibing quarts of bathtub gin.
- Miss Hannigan: Bronchitism.
- Daddy Warbucks: And here you're dancing in your scanties,
- Miss Hannigan: Great gams.
- Daddy Warbucks: With some old geezer called Little Caeser,
- Miss Hannigan: He's an uncle.
- Daddy Warbucks: You lock the orphans in the closet.
- Miss Hannigan: They love it!
- Daddy Warbucks: You hock their Christmas souvenirs.
- Miss Hannigan: Drink?
- Daddy Warbucks: You steal the funds you should deposit.
- Miss Hannigan: It's fresh.
- Daddy Warbucks: You make the grovel while you buy laveleers.
- Miss Hannigan: What are you just standing around here for? You're supposed to clean the bathroom and the kitchen before lunch, my little pig droppings, and if you skip the corners, there will be no lunch. And we're not having hot mush today...
- Orphans: Yay!
- Miss Hannigan: We're having *cold* mush!
- Orphans: We love you, Miss Hannigan.
- Miss Hannigan: Shut up!
- Miss Hannigan: You can have any orphan in the whole orphanage... except Annie.
- Grace: Well, why?
- Miss Hannigan: Because she's got it comin' to her; and I *don't* mean 'a week in the lap of luxury'!
- Grace: What about this child?
- Miss Hannigan: Annie?... Oh, you don't want Annie.
- Grace: Why not?
- Miss Hannigan: Because... Because she's a drunk!
- Aileen Quinn - Ann Marie "Annie" Bennett
- Albert Finney - Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks
- Carol Burnett - Miss Agatha Hannigan
- Tim Curry - Daniel Francis "Rooster" Hannigan
- Bernadette Peters - Lily St. Regis
- Ann Reinking - Grace Farrell
- Edward Herrmann - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Lois de Banzie - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Geoffrey Holder - Punjab
- Roger Minami - The Asp
- Toni Ann Gisondi - Molly
- Rosanne Sorrentino - Pepper
- Lara Berk - Tessie
- April Lerman - Kate
- Robin Ignico - Duffy
- Lucie Stewart - July
- Peter Marhsall - Bert Healy
- Irving Metzman - Mr. Jules Bundles
- Ken Swofford - Weasel
- I. M. Hobson - Drake
- Colleen Zenk - Mavis Ray
- Lu Leonard - Mrs. Pugh
- Victor Griffin - Saunders
- Jerome Collamore - Frick
- Jon Richards - Frack