Anthony C. Yu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- At a time when officials of particular nations on earth are vying to vaunt the ability of their leadership or the merit of incomparable power even in the looming shadow of catastrophic conflict, the wisdom of the DDJ seems ever more compelling and urgent.
- Comparative Journeys: Essays on Literature and Religion East and West (New York: Columbia University Press, 2009), 'Reading the Daodejing', p. 277
- Rereading the Stone: Desire and the Making of Fiction in Dream of the Red Chamber (Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press, 1997), ISBN 978-0691015613
- For my students at the University of Chicago and in memoriam the Dead at Tiananmen Square June 4, 1989
- [Cao Xueqin] has succeeded in turning the concept of world and life as dream into a subtle but powerful theory of fiction that he uses constantly to confound his reader's sense of reality.
- Ch. III, p. 141
- Encyclopedic article on Anthony C. Yu at Wikipedia