Arachnophobia is a 1990 American comedy-horror film directed by Frank Marshall and starring Jeff Daniels, John Goodman, Harley Jane Kozak and Julian Sands. It was the very first film released by Hollywood Pictures.
Dr. Ross Jennings
- [hears the General Spider in the pipes] The itsy-bitsy spider crawled up the water spout. Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
- [after electrocuting a spider] Therapy.
- [while throwing wine at the General Spider] Not the Chateau!
- [frantically searching for the General Spider while trying to burn it] GODDAMN IT, WHERE ARE YOU?! Damn it!
- [shoots the burning General Spider with a nail gun sending it screeching back into the egg sack] Nice Shot!
- [after killing a spider] Yeah, that's right, I'm bad!
- ROCK AND ROLL!
- James: [flicks an ant off Manley's knee] 24 hour ant.
- Jerry: They bite?
- James: They kill, Mr. Manley. In sufficient numbers.
- Ross: Respect is fine, but actually I've always wanted to be feared.
- Delbert: Rock and roll!
- Jerry: So how long will it take us to get back to camp?
- James: What's the matter? You still worried about dinosaurs?
[noticing the dead spider Lloyd took out of the cereal box]
- Milt: What could have killed it?
- Ross: The shock of seeing Lloyd?
- Molly: What's wrong?
- Ross: Metcalf - he's having a seizure.
- Molly: Thank God you didn't examine him this morning.
- Delbert: Would anybody object if I tore this floor out?
- Molly: I would.
- Delbert: False alarm then. Lead on.
- Molly: I'm sure you knew exactly what you were doing when you took Margaret off those pills.
- Ross: Like I knew what I was doing when I chose this town... with the country doctor from hell!
- Ross: What do you want to bet they're going to go chase fireflies?
- Bunny: Want to blow up a bullfrog?
- Shelley: Okay.
- Delbert: Spiders would find your barn a tad breezy this time of year. In that respect, spiders are a bit like you and me. No, I frankly doubt there are any spiders in your barn.
- Ross: Well, I frankly know there is, Delbert. I saw a web! There is a web in my barn!
- Delbert: ...a web would indicate an arachnoid presence.
- James: What's your specialty, Manley?
- Jerry: Football.
- James: [On seeing the giant web covered in various dead animals] Incredible...you have been busy
- James: [last lines as he baits the general spider by striking part of the web] Suppers, ready...come and get it [hears a screech and turns to late to see the general spider leaping onto his neck and screams as it sinks it's fangs into his neck]
- Delbert: [later on discovers James hanging cocooned and covered in spiders with a startled shout] Oh my god...They got the professor!
- Eight legs, two fangs and an attitude.
- The suspense of Alien! The excitement of Jaws! The fun of Back To The Future!
- Jeff Daniels as Dr. Ross Jennings
- John Goodman as Delbert McClintock
- Harley Jane Kozak as Molly Jennings
- Julian Sands as Dr. James Atherton
- Brian McNamara as Chris Collins
- James Handy as Milton Briggs
- Peter Jason as Henry Beechwood
- Henry Jones as Dr. Sam Metcalf
- Roy Brocksmith as Irv Kendall
- Kathy Kinney as Blaire Kendall
- Stuart Pankin as Sheriff Lloyd Parsons
- Frances Bay as Evelyn Metcalf
- Mary Carver as Margaret Hollins
- Garette Ratliff Henson (billed as Garette Patrick Ratliff) as Tommy Jennings
- Marlene Katz as Shelly Jennings
- Mark L. Taylor as Jerry Manley
- Brandy Norwood as Brandy Beechwood (uncredited)