Aram Manukian (19 March 1879 – 29 January 1919) was an Armenian revolutionary, statesman, and leading member of the nationalist Armenian Revolutionary Federation (Dashnaktsutyun) party. During World War I, he led the successful Armenian civilian self-defense of Van. As a result, tens of thousands avoided being deported and massacred by the Turkish government while the Armenian Genocide was underway.
- Մենակ ենք և պետք է ապավինենք միայն մեր ուժերին՝ թե՜ ճակատը պաշտպանելու և թե՜ երկրի ներսում կարգ հաստատելու
- Translation: We are alone and we should only rely on our power both to protect the front and to establish the order in the country.
- Attributed without citation in Անկախության տոնը լիովին չի մտել մեր ընտանիք (in Armenian). civilnet.am (21 September 2013). Retrieved on 26 February 2014.
- In these conditions, our people can make miracles. I have often had the opportunity to realize that the sense of duty of our villagers is authentic. It is a sign of awareness. One call by the National Council is enough for him to leave his home and to rush to arms, when there is nothing that compels him to do so. At the time, the mobilization by the Russian government was always executed on the force of terror.
- On January 5, 1918, on the eve of Armenian Christmas. Attributed without citation in Death of Aram Manoukian - January 29, 1919. thisweekinarmenianhistory.com (29 January 2013). Retrieved on 15 March 2014.