Jump to navigation Jump to search
Arcade Fire (2003)
- Trees keep fallin' at my feet
I guess it's time to build a boat
Make a raft of our bodies
Do you think that it'll float?
What I said was not a joke,
But you just licked the envelope
I'm tired of dating, let's elope
But you just licked the envelope.
- The Woodlands National Anthem
- Let this love last
I drive too fast
Said I'd return if I'd ever cared
But there's no interstate I find to take me there.
- Vampire Forest Fire
- You climb out the chimney
And meet me in the middle
The middle of the town
And since there's no one else around,
We let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know
Then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.
- Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)
- Hey, your old man should know
if you see a shadow, there's something there.
- Une Année Sans Lumière
- I woke up with the power out
Not really somethin' to shout about.
Ice has covered up my parents hands,
Don't have any dreams don't have any plans.
I went out into the night, I went out to find some light.
Kids are swingin' from the power lines, nobody's home so nobody minds.
- Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
- They say a watched pot won't ever boil,
you can't raise a baby on motor oil,
just like a seed down in the soil
you gotta give it time.
- Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)
- They say it fades if you let it,
Love was made to forget it.
- Crown of Love
- If you still want me, please forgive me
The crown of love is not upon me.
If you still want me, please forgive me
Because the spark is not within me.
- Crown of Love
- Somethin' filled up my heart with nothin'
Someone told me not to cry
But now that I'm older my heart's colder
And I can see that it's a lie.
- Wake Up
- In the forest we are hiding,
Unmarked graves where flowers grow.
Hear the soldiers angry yelling,
In the river we will go.
- People say that your dreams are the only things that save you
Come on baby in our dreams, we can live our misbehaviour.
- Rebellion (Lies)
Neon Bible (2007)
- The black mirror knows no reflection
It knows not pride or vanity
It cares not about your dreams
It cares not for your pyramid schemes
Their names are never spoken
The curse is never broken.
- Black Mirror
- A vial of hope and a vial of pain
In the light they both looked the same
Poured them out on into the world
On every boy and every girl.
- Neon Bible
- Stop now before it's too late
Your lover was for hire
Have you noticed he's been late
Nothing lasts forever
That's the way it's gotta be
There's a great black wave in the middle of the sea
It's always for you.
- Black Wave/Bad Vibrations
- Left in the morning
While you were fast asleep
Into an ocean of violence
A world of empty streets
You've got your reasons
And me I've got mine
But all the reasons I gave
Were just lies to buy myself some time.
- Ocean of Noise
- Burning bridges, breaking hearts, everything they taught us to do
Burning bridges, breaking hearts, no home to come home to
Burning bridges, breaking hearts, I won't look you in the eye
Burning bridges, breaking hearts, caught you in a friendship lie.
- Burning Bridges, Breaking Hearts
- In my backyard in north Texas
On the hottest summer night
Hummingbirds fall all around us
Their hearts stopped beating in mid-flight.
- Asleep At The Wheel
- I'll go - one morning cold and grey,
You won't remember anything
Some of us don't believe in time,
And some of us don't believe in life
But I've been making promises I know I'll never keep
One of these days I'm gonna leave you in your sleep.
- Born On A Train
- Brazil, when stars were entertaining June,
We stood beneath an amber moon
And softly murmured someday soon
We kissed and clung together.
- I lay on my back in the lake at night in the summer time trying to remember
Every last second, every last breath that I spent with you
The yellow dotted line, reflected in your eyes
You scream as the crickets fly in the open window
Please don't cry love.
- Virgin Mary Highway
- But fuck it I love you even if
I'm gonna feel like shit
By the time I get to you
Now the sky is turning blue
The stars they disappear
One by one as the daylights nears
And yes you're in my head
But that doesn't make you here.
- Cars and Telephones
- Where does a promise go
When you pretend it isn't there?
Do we really think that it could just disappear?
- City used to shine like El Dorado
Now it's sleeping like a shadow
And I can't wake it up again
The stars above used to shine in rows
Now nothin' knows quite where it goes
And I can't get to sleep again
Stars above used to shine on cue
Now they're acting a bit confused
And I can't make them shine again.
- In The Attic
- So ends my yearlong romance
With radio towers and machines
Wasted all my prayers
That I can't remember my dreams.
- Winter for a Year
- He fell in love with a photograph
If he told her the story she'd have to laugh
She feels a distance like a feather
He's just a fool for stormy weather
I guess that's all, they feel so small
His dreams are a boat, he's sailing away
She's just a wreck at the end of the day
He mails her a letter he should have burned
He mails her a letter he should have burned.