Ashlee Nicole Simpson (born October 3, 1984) is an American pop rock singer–songwriter and an occasional actress. She is the sister of pop singer Jessica Simpson.
- I feel so bad. My band started playing the wrong song and I didn't know what to do so I thought I'd do a hoedown. I'm sorry.
- Quoted in: Newsweek. Vol. 145, Nr. 1-13, (2005), p. xxxv
- Ashlee Simpson, on her "Saturday Night Live" performance in which a voice track was miscued, revealing that she was lip-syncing, due to what she alleged later was acid reflux.
- As long as there are girls, we need guy bands. However, in this day, it is not good enough to just sing great. You have to write, sing and play. We want it all.
- Quoted in: Billboard. Vol. 117, nr. 37 (10 September 2005), p. 64
- I can make $4 million somewhere else. My body is for me and for whoever my love interest is at that moment, and that's the only person who gets to see it.