Assassination of a High School President
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Assassination of a High School President is a 2008 film set at a Catholic high school, where the popular girl teams up with a sophomore newspaper reporter to investigate a case of stolen SAT exams. Once the duo target their suspects, a larger conspiracy is unearthed.
- Directed by Brett Simon. Written by Tim Calpin and Kevin Jakubowski.
Politics, popularity, paranoia, pharmaceuticals. Are you in?
- You want to know the truth about high school? You've got to break it down into its elements. Unfortunately, at St. Donovan's, the periodic table is more crooked than a case of scoliosis. Just give me the chance and I'll set it all straight. Case in point, Spanish homework. Dame un batido de esperma" does not mean, "Take me to the airport." It means, "Give me a sperm milkshake." And 22 kids gave that as an answer in Spanish 3 last week. I'm not sure about the milkshake, but somebody is sure feeding us something sticky. Every clique on campus is copying the same damn homework. Burn-outs, pretty boys, drama-dorks, jocks, debaters, player-haters, you name it. Oh, it's big, all right. And I'm on it like pink rubber bands on your little sister's braces. The name's Bobby Funke. I write for the paper.
- Friedrich Nietzsche said, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." But 10 bucks says Nietzsche never got a swirly.
- Their alibis were like dutch ovens - gamy, but air tight.
- Mathematically, it's a percentage of your life: 4 years, 48 months, 1,461 days. High school is prom, football games, boyfriends, girlfriends, party at the rich kid's house. Fun, simple, wholesome. But it's really anything but. High school might be the least wholesome 4 years of your life. And there's nothing simple about it. High school is ugly, hard and complicated. As complicated as a conspiracy to assassinate the president. A conspiracy about to be uncovered...
Principal Jared T. Kirkpatrick
- [to a security guard] Alright, Mitch, we're looking for weapons, obviously, anything that can kill a student. Knives, guns. But it's not always obvious. [to a student] Are you kidding me? You know the rule about gum! [to a female student] Raise your arms, please. [to the security guard] With the women, you want to use the backs of the hands. The backs of the hands, Mitch. Last rule. Most important rule. You're gonna wanna fuck them. Do not fuck the students, do you understand?
- [to Bobby Funke] You seem to be a little foggy as to why I'm here, Mr. Funke. From what I understand, you've made a mockery of this entire high school. You seem to think that this is some kind of circus and that I am some kind of clown. I'm not an effing clown. And I'm not here to bring joy and love and light and laughter into your effing heart! Now I'm going to ask you one more time. And this time I expect an answer. Is...that...gum...in your mouth?
- Principal Jared T. Kirkpatrick: I assume you all know why you're here.
- Samantha "Sam" Landis: Let me guess. You finally want to start that boy band you've been dreaming about.
- Principal Jared T. Kirkpatrick: Landis, do I come down to the strip club where you work and knock the dick out of your mouth? Against the wall. You're late.
- Bobby Funke: Hey, Francesca.
- Francesca Fachini: Hey, Funke.
- Bobby Funke: So, what are you doing in the men's room?
- Francesca Fachini: [moving close] Well, I thought I might find a man in here. Are you a man, Funke? [laughs] I'm just screwing with you. I just need your help.
- Bobby Funke: With what?
- Francesca Fachini: Whoever stole the SATs. I need you to find them and get them back. I aced that thing, I know it. I was just in the zone.
- Francesca Fachini: I wanted to thank you for finding the SATs. And for showing me what a douche Paul really is. See, the thing is, I seem to have lost my date to homecoming, and I wanted to know if you'd go with me.
- Bobby Funke: You wanna go to homecoming with me?
- Francesca Fachini: Well, not like "go" go. I mean, not like for real.
- Bobby Funke: Yeah.
- Francesca Fachini: It's just everyone already has a date.
- Bobby Funke: Right.
- Francesca Fachini: Except for the mathletes...and maybe that wrestler with the jock itch on his face. So yeah...The only person I can go with is you.
- Bobby Funke: I still don't see why you wanna go with me.
- Francesca Fachini: Yeah, why not? I mean, you're like the school's Wolf Blitzer now.
- Bobby Funke: Wolf Blitzer's like a TV reporter. I'm into Woodward and Bernstein.
- Francesca Fachini: You already have a date?
- Bobby Funke: What? No. I just...
- Francesca Fachini: Great. Then you can pick me up at 8:00. And no wrist corsages. Get the kind with the pin. I don't mind a little prick every once in a while.
- Francesca Fachini: You think I'm a bitch, don't you? I mean, you can be honest. I don't care either way. I'm just curious. Do you think I'm a bitch?
- Bobby Funke: [pause] Kind of.
- Francesca Fachini: Seriously?
- Bobby Funke: Well, I mean, no, like I thought you were, but... and then...I don't know. Now, I think that maybe you're just misunderstood.
- Francesca Fachini: Nobody's misunderstood. That's just what people say when they don't like who they are. If you think I'm a bitch, then I guess it's because I am. But then I guess you're going to have to come to terms with the fact that you're into a girl who's a bitch.
- Ricky Delacruz: [after Bobby danced with Francesca] Hey, you light on your feet, Funke. That's good.
- Bobby Funke: Thanks.
- Ricky Delacruz: But we notice you having a problem out there.
- Bobby Funke: I do? What?
- Ricky Delacruz: It's your hard-on.
- Alex Schneider: Yeah, that close to a girl like her, it's natural.
- Bobby Funke: I didn't realize it was so obvious.
- Ricky Delacruz: What you're gonna wanna do, okay, is you tuck that thing into the side of your boxer shorts, so it runs down the leg. That way you can contain it. It's like getting a stiff rod when you're taking a dump.
- Alex Schneider: A shit boner.
- Ricky Delacruz: Yeah. Then you got to jam it into the bowl like it owes you money. But you don't want to dunk it. It's not a clown. Down!
- Alex Schneider: But you also don't want to get the peepee on your shirt.
- Principal Jared T. Kirkpatrick: It's a no-win situation. At ease, gentlemen. Erections or otherwise.
- Francesca Fachini: I think you need to come home with me.
- Bobby Funke: You know, I'm concerned about the lack of parental supervision at your house.
- Francesca Fachini: Yeah? You want to be my daddy?
- Reece Thompson - Bobby Funke
- Mischa Barton - Francesca Fachini
- Bruce Willis - Principal Kirkpatrick
- Patrick Taylor - Paul Moore
- Michael Rapaport - Coach Z
- Luke Grimes - Marlon Piazza
- Kathryn Morris - Nurse Platt
- Michael Zegen - Stephen Lohman
- Melonie Diaz - Clara
- Zoë Kravitz - Valerie
- Josh Pais - Señor Newell
- Marc John Jefferies - Elliott Duncan
- Zachary Booth - Rocky
- Aaron Himelstein - Tad Goltz
- John Magaro - Cipriato
- Jake Weary - Hall Monitor
- Vincent Piazza - Ricky Delacruz
- Emily Meade - Tiffany Ashwood
- Tanya Fischer - Samantha "Sam" Landis
- Josh Caras - Marty Mullen
- Zach Roerig - Matt Mullen