Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dr Athaliah Maoka Lesiba Molokomme (born 4 December 1959) is the attorney general of Botswana and is the first woman to hold that position. Molokomme has been committed to advocacy for women's rights at conferences, workshops, and seminars around the world.
- Women always bring something extra, I think that there's a different perspective that women can bring to the table.
- In Setswana, we say ‘go ruta mosadi ke go ruta sechaba’ meaning that ‘to educate a woman is to educate a nation.
- "Athaliah Molokomme -Justice Leadership Group (Speech at the Embassy of France, The Hague", 10 March 2014 on International Women's Day) 2021
- I think those of us that have the opportunity and privilege to study law have a special responsibility to make sure that law does what it is meant to do, and that is to deliver justice because it doesn't always [on its own].
- The institution of chieftainship and the installation of Botswana's first woman paramount chief cannot be seen in isolation from the tremendous socioeconomic changes that have taken place in our country and the world.
- "First female paramount chief welcomed" ( 3 September 2003)
- Bagamalete have shown us that culture and tradition are dynamic and not static, and that they can be adapted to suit socioeconomic change for the benefit of that same culture.
- "First female paramount chief welcomed",( 3 September 2003)