Jump to navigation Jump to search
Athanasius Schneider (7 April 1961–) is a German-Russian Roman Catholic bishop, the auxiliary bishop of Astana, Kazakhstan.
- But we are not only permitted to believe in Hell, we are obliged to believe in it. It is, after all, a statement contained directly in divine revelation. We mustn't choose from revelation whatever we please. Catholicism is not an à la carte religion. Either we accept the whole revelation - all the dogmas of faith, including the truth about eternal damnation in Hell - or we reject the whole thing.
- As quoted in Lisicki, Pawel and Schneider, Bishop Athanasius (2021), "The Springtime That Never Came: Bishop Athanasius Schneider in conversation with Pawel Lisicki", ISBN 978-1-64413-513-6, United States, Sophia Institute Press, Manchester, New Hampshire, Page 192.
- When people are really persecuted, you need to help them. But as for the phenomenon of the European so-called immigration, it is clear and evident by what we can observe, that this is an orchestrated action of the international powerful political organizations. It is the aim, the clear aim, to take away from Europe its Christian and its national identity. It is meant to dilute the Christian and the national character of Europe. The majority of the so-called migrants are Muslims, so there is going on also an Islamisation of Europe. Of course, these people are not guilty, but they are used as means by powerful organizations. This we cannot accept. We have to state that it is not just to destroy the Christian and national identity of Europe by means of this artificial immigration
- We are a family, the Church. We are not a business, but we are a family. The bishops are responsible for the health of the entire Church, especially in a time of crisis. And now we are in a crisis. And only a blind person – spiritually blind – could deny that we are experiencing a deep confusion currently in the Church, doctrinally, liturgically, and morally. And therefore, when bishops shall raise their voices to defend the truth, they are doing, in my opinion, a good work, and helping in some way the pope and their brothers in the episcopacy.
- Bishop Schneider on Chastity vs. a Society ‘Becoming Ever More Cruel’ (September 21, 2018)
- God pours His grace into our soul according to our capacity and according to our prayers, without violating our freedom. Therefore, we have to pray. This is our basic and first duty—not the prayer of petition only, to ask for graces, but the prayer of adoration. The first task of all creation is to adore God, to acknowledge His divinity, His majesty, His greatness.
- Schneider, Bishop Athanasius; Montagna, Diane. Christus Vincit: Christ’s Triumph Over the Darkness of the Age (p. 110). Angelico Press. Kindle Edition.
- Schneider, Athanasius (2019). Christus Vincit: Christ's Triumph Over the Darkness of the Age, In conversation with Diane Montagna. Brooklyn, NY: Angelico Press. p. xi. ISBN 9781621384892.