Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This on article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Going up to them,
Not a pine-tree
But has its bright moon.
- Reginald Horace Blyth, Haiku: Summer-autumn. p. 394
- Earth and metal ...
although my breathing ceases
time and tide go on.
- Japanese Death Poems. Compiled by Yoel Hoffmann; Quoted in: Jody J. Fiorini, Jodi Ann Mullen. Counseling Children and Adolescents Through Grief and Loss. 2006. p. 15
Quotes about Atsujin
- The poet's name... is pronounced in two other ways : Watsujin and Atsujin although the true pronunciation of... is etsu. It is not known how the poet pronounced his name.
- Asatarō Miyamori. An anthology of haiku, ancient and modern, 1932. p. 570
- Watsujin (1758–1836). A poet in the Kyo ̄tai tradition, Watsujin was a samurai from Sendai who wrote haiku under a variety of art names.
- Stephen Addiss, Fumiko Y. Yamamoto, Akira Y. Yamamoto. Haiku: An Anthology of Japanese Poems. 2009. p.
- Endō Etsujin - real name: Endō Sadanori: azana: Fuminori, Izunosuke; gō: Chikurinsah. Etsujin, Atsujin, Gugenan, Fuzanō, Seiemon, Yūan (1758, 1836). haiga painter, haiku poet, fencer...
- Japanese Biographical Index. 2013. p. 93