Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A titanic beauty spreads a macabre wave of horror! A terrifying masterpiece of shock and chills! Taglines
- I know where my husband is! He's with that woman!
- You know everyone's seeing satellites these days.
- You know, you're going to flip your lid just one time too many with me, Nancy.
- Now you pulled a boner tonight and you know it.
- You know what our problem is? We both have the same disease: money, and happy ways of spending it.
- Ladies and gentlemen, this is KRKR-TV. And now, more news of high fliers. Nancy Archer, the former Nancy Fowler, heir to the Fowler fortune and the fabulous Star of India diamond, has joined the ever expanding international circle of satellite seers. Mrs. Archer claims not only to be seeing a sociable satellite, but also its inhabitant, a 30-foot giant. It seems that Mrs. Archer, who has been feuding with her husband, Handsome Harry, has found a man from out of this world, someone who will love her for who she is. Is he pink with big ears and tusks? Come, come, Mrs. Archer. Any man can resist a million dollars, but fifty million? That's too much to ask for, even from the man in the moon.
- Delivery Man: [at the Archer house] Four lengths of chain. Meat hooks. 40 bottles of plasma and an elephant syringe.
- Sheriff Dubbitt: Oh, Charlie. Go get the riot gun. We're taking a ride out to the desert with Mrs. Archer.
- Deputy Charlie: Right. Why the heavy artillery, Chief?
- Sheriff Dubbitt: We're looking for a satellite and a 30-foot giant out on 66.
- Deputy Charlie: A 30-foot giant? Oh, no.
- Jess Stout: [about the Sheriff's gun] You're not going to use that on her, are you?
- Sheriff Dubbitt: What do you want me to do, put salt on her tail?
- Dr. Isaac Cushing: She will tear up the whole town until she finds Harry.
- Deputy Charlie: And then she'll tear up Harry.
- Honey Parker: You're the deputy, do something!
- Deputy Charlie: I can't shoot a woman!
- Dr. Heinrich Von Loeb: How long will the morphine be effective?
- Dr. Isaac Cushing: No telling with the size of her body.
- Harry Archer: I should never have agreed to go back to her once we were separated.
- Honey Parker: Why did you?
- Harry Archer: You know why. I couldn't pry a nickel out of her. That community property routine only works of women! A man hasn't got a chance!
- Honey Parker: Unless the wife dies. [He looks around in shock] I didn't say anything.
- Harry Archer: You were thinking it!
- Honey Parker: Not the same thing.
- Nancy Archer: My husband!... My gigolo! That's what you are. You're a miserable parasite! You're just after my money! I was rid of you once. Why did I take you back? Why? Why?
- Harry Archer: Why did you, Nancy?
- Nancy Archer: Why?... because I love you, Harry!
About Attack of the 50 Foot Woman
- Bernie Wolner (producer of Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman, directed by Nathan Juran) was having difficulty coming up with a one-sheet for the film. He wanted sexual content in it, yet none of his designs would pass the censors at that time, so he asked me to design the ad. I came up with Los Angeles area freeways during rush hour with cars running between Alison Hayes’ legs and the rest is history. That poster now hangs in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Roger Corman 
- A good friend of mine, Bernie Woolner, made Attack of the 50 Foot Woman and he wanted to have a somewhat sexual ad and the MPAA turned down every ad. He made three ads; they turned down three ads.
- He knew I designed my own ads and I was sort of in my Freudian picture phase and he said, ‘Roger, just as a favour, could you design an ad for me that will be sexy but get past the MPAA
- So I thought for awhile and what I thought was I’d have this scantily clad giant woman standing with her legs spread and a freeway going straight up between her legs and cars going up the freeway. The symbolism is so Roger Cormanobvious but the MPAA did not turn it down because there’s nothing in the ad to turn down!
- Roger Corman 
- A titanic beauty spreads a macabre wave of horror! A terrifying masterpiece of shock and chills!
- See a female colossus... her mountainous torso, skyscraper limbs, giant desires!
- Allison Hayes — Nancy Archer
- William Hudson — Harry Archer
- Yvette Vickers — Honey Parker
- Roy Gordon — Dr. Isaac Cushing
- Otto Waldis — Dr. Heinrich Von Loeb
- Eileen Stevens — Nurse
- Frank Chase — Deputy Charlie