Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Aurat March (Urdu: عورت مارچ ) (English: Women March ) is an annual demonstration organized in various cities of Pakistan to observe International Women's Day.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We will, hopefully by next year, introduce a core syllabus for all schools that will be mandatory for students apart from the additional subjects each institution chooses to teach. This is how you create a nation. This is how you end rival cultures from developing. The Aurat March that just happened… a different culture was visible in it. this is a cultural issue and this comes from the schooling system.
- Imran Khan Prime Minister of Pakistan 
- "... And if we are keen to make so many allowances for foreign women to experiment in the public space in Pakistan, why do we come down so hard on the local female organisers of the Aurat March?..."
- Ayesha Ijaz Khan in Colonial hangover, Dawn . Com 2020 June, 23.
- "Aurat March is a sham...Khalilur Rehman Qamar sahab is a modern day philosopher and I don’t think she (w:Marvi Sirmed) should have used women’s rights to further her own agendas.."
- “The Aurat March is the need of the hour because it is a voice against extremism....It showed the men in power back then that you cannot trample over women,..”
- w:Zubeida Mustafa @ '3rd Women Conference', held @ Arts Council of Pakistan, Karachi, appeared in Aurat March termed ‘voice against extremism’, The Dawn March 11, 2022