- Hawkeye: It's just a typical Avengers adventure as far as ol' Hawkeye's concerned -- opponents everywhere, but no one's got a clue what's going on!
- Kang: We have been glorious enemies in the past, and with fortune on our side we will be again. But now, I ask you-- do you stand with me? Do we stand against Immortus?
- Yellowjacket: Ah - -
- Songbird: Uh --
- Wasp: A-all right, Kang. For now…
- Libra: I was trained in the martial arts by the priests of Pama and I am quite capable of defending myself!
- Hawkeye: Wall, I was trained in combat by the older kids at the St. Ignatius Home for Orphaned Boys in Waverly, Iowa -- An' buster, they'd eat those priests of yours for breakfast!
- Hawkeye: You know, Yellowback -- you're using the word "we" an awful lot for someone who didn't actually do anything…
- Yellowjacket: Details, details.
- Rick Jones: Welcome back to confusion central, folks. Hope you're not expecting any answers -- because frankly, I'm fresh out!
- Captain America: How's a man supposed to trust his senses -- even his instincts -- in a place where nothing's dependable?
- Giant-Man: We muddle through, Cap -- just like in the real world.
- [Following a long, convoluted exposition covering a large part of the Avengers' history.]
- Hawkeye: Well, I'm glad you understand it, tall socks. Alla this divergent stuff -- it's just givin' me a migraine.
- Kang: Contained. I did not like the word. It made me think of cattle…animals to be bred and slaughtered at will.
- Wasp: Yellowjacket!
- Yellowjacket: In the flesh doll-face. Large as life, twice as cute, and runnin' around free while you're locked up.
- Libra: My first and greatest allegiance is to the balance. My job is to serve the balance, and to let it play out as events dictate -- I've studied for years, trained -- all to achive a state of balance, to lose myself in it -- but the heck with it!
- Kang: And any machine can be beaten. Any defense overcome.
- Hawkeye: Nuts! If only I'd been able to stop that time-travelling crumb before he got away...
- Captain America: Stand easy, Hawkeye. I'm sure there'll be other... times.