Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ayaz Niyazi oghlu Mutallibov (Azerbaijani: Ayaz Niyazi oğlu Mütəllibov / Ајаз Нијази оғлу Мүтәллибов; Russian: Аяз Ниязович Муталибов / Ayaz Niyazovich Mutalibov; 12 May 1938 – 27 March 2022) was an Azerbaijani politician who served as the first president of Azerbaijan. He was the last leader of Soviet Azerbaijan, and first President of Azerbaijan from 5 February 1991 until 6 March 1992 and from 14 May until 18 May 1992.
- We must mobilize all forces and suspend all political parties and social organizations. I do not want to be a dictator, but if need be we can resort to that.
- The course to democratic transformation is not justified if we cannot defend our land.
- We still have forces that want to turn Baku into Beirut. Foreign forces are at work. We must be careful.
- It is impossible to resent the press. I am no longer involved in politics. Some do not believe this, but it is true.
- It's all nonsense. I do not claim to be prime minister. Why do they raise such issues ?! We are all ministers in our own place. But at this age, I'm not fighting for a position.
- Encyclopedic article on Ayaz Mutallibov on Wikipedia
- Media related to Ayaz Mutallibov on Wikimedia Commons